• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Opens up About Carolina (CBS)

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Of course it is. Everyone else in the building was talking about a five year plan. Hurney was the one on a one year contract needing a borderline miracle to have any hope of getting an extension.

And Hurney could have carried a shotgun into every meeting and wouldn’t have had final say on anything. Especially not the biggest one of all. They weren’t planning for 5 years when they wasted 80M and picks to win a game or two more last year. Kk and Okung and Boston were not long term moves. 

So either Hurney had nothing to do with this move at all.  Or he made a coach on a 7/70M contract believe in his evaluation skill that caused the job opening he just got. On a QB, that a staff member has been championing for years, and his former position coach. 

Edited by Toomers

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

I’m curious why you think he’s struggling to keep his head above water at this level? I’m not saying this dude will for sure work out but I must be missing something.

1. They thought Teddy was good enough to invest a bunch of money and years into.

2. Like Teddy, he didn't go out and sign the best players available, they signed guys he and Joe knew from earlier in the careers.

3. They have VERY little NFL experience in the building.  From the owner on down.  Now a guy who's known as a great dude and NFL pro say out loud that they didn't practice like other teams.

4. They decided to try for the playoffs instead of tanking for the generational QB.  Ended up with a horrible season and draft position.

5. They traded down in the draft to get depth, which was an odd move for a roster devoid of talent. I don't want to hear it about the percieved potential of the drafted players or the draft grades, let's see them play first.  I'm just talking about the strategy employed, you can't not say it was a quantity over quality draft approach.

6. They oddly sent away our best offensive lineman just before the season started.

7. They got rid of all of our expereinced vets and completely bungled Cam.

• Poo 4

I just hope Sam is watching and learning. I think Teddy was too much of a "Do what coach says" guy.

I believe we want a guy that's gonna take it upon his self to be the first one in the facility to work on those areas of need and putting in that extra time with the QB coach and other personnel. 

His tape is filled with terrible read zone play and missing (or just not seeing) the big play for the "safer" play. 

I can believe what he's saying with regards to how much time they devoted to two-minute and/or redzone offense on daily or weekly basis. What Bridgewater fails to account for, and what many people seem to be missing, is that last year was a unique circumstance across the board for every team in the NFL. I'm fairly certain that with reduced practice times, altered environments, and virtually no off-season that every coach in the NFL had to adjust their desired routines. Perhaps Rhule and crew decided that this amount of time was what they were allotting to these specific focuses. Who knows?

What this is though, is an excuse. Teddy is saying these things, true or not, in an effort to deflect blame from his own shortcomings in these areas because he's aware that they were areas that he performed the worst in. He's using a unique set of circumstances and presenting them as "normal" and faulty in an effort to put the blame on the coaching staff.

Edited by Floppin
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Floppin said:

I can believe what he's saying with regards to how much time they devoted to two-minute and/or redzone offense on daily or weekly basis. What Bridgewater fails to account for, and what many people seem to be missing, is that last year was a unique circumstance across the board for every team in the NFL. I'm fairly certain that with reduced practice times, altered environments, and virtually no off-season that every coach in the NFL had to adjust their desired routines. Perhaps Rhule and crew decided that this amount of time was what they were allotting to these specific focuses. Who knows?

What is is though, is an excuse. Teddy is saying these things, true or not, in an effort to deflect blame for his own shortcomings in these areas because he's aware that they were areas that he performed the worst in. He's using a unique set of circumstances and presenting them as "normal" and faulty in an effort to put the blame on the coaching staff.

Pretty sure you're assuming things that you can't back up.

I'm going to trust Teddy on this one.  

1 minute ago, Riv said:

Pretty sure you're assuming things that you can't back up.

I'm going to trust Teddy on this one.  

I'm going to need you to elaborate. I literally said that Teddy is likely telling the truth.

Edited by Floppin

1 minute ago, Riv said:

I don't think that covid is a valid excuse or reason.  That's what I meant.

You don't think that the circumstances that Covid created altered how teams prepared throughout the year? This was literally a season like any other. It's an absolute fact that teams had altered routines. There's no getting around that.

• Pie 1