• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question for the cap guys

Mr. Scot

10 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

That doesn't have player contract breakdowns, however. Agreed it is probably the most accurate but has nothing about what people are usually referencing which is player contract info.

9 hours ago, Toomers said:

Exactly. Just a number with no context as to how it came to be that way. OTC is the more consistently accurate of the two. The Matt Kalil contract was a complete mess on Sportrac. But  the guy writing for OTC wanted to pay Kalil 7M more so I question his knowledge as well. Now that they have every scenario mapped out, it’s fairly easy to judge any move for yourself. 

For players I use Sportac, not cause its better, I do it out of habit since I used sportac about two months after it arrived on the interwebz. OTC is better for future cap- you can cut, sign, extend players. I also use OTC for free agents too, I like the way you can group positions or teams.

Neither is better than the other imo, but both are inaccurate while very little difference. Most times they would wait til Aaron Wilson or Rapport post the contract, but they (at times) dont have all the full details. For me it a personal preference, if not for old habit I may only use OTC since I like the methods and format they use. Both put out other content as well, its worth a look/listen to their articles and podcasts. 

• Beer 1

Otc is more accurate.  The numbers seem to be right most of the time.  Sportac gets numbers and players on the roster and the cap hit on their website quicker but at the cost of accuracy.  I like OTC between the two even if you have to wait a few days longer to get the numbers