• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold's "Style of Ball"

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hence the word "smokescreen".

Breer isn't a team person and he got his info on the Darnold story from the Jets as well as the Panthers.

You want to disbelieve the story? Feel free, but suggesting that a bunch of internet fans with no inside access at all have a better handle on what really happened is just plain dumb.

a few years back i got into some argument in here with someone who said professional teams wouldn't and didn't use smokescreens thinking that it was just a myth. these guys know how to manipulate the media and other teams. they are always playing the game with each other. plus these upcoming players have agents who are also playing the game as well. you never know who to trust or not trust so you take every thing you read and hear with a grain of salt. teams that play it really well you never know what they are going to do.

• Beer 2

7 minutes ago, rayzor said:

a few years back i got into some argument in here with someone who said professional teams wouldn't and didn't use smokescreens thinking that it was just a myth. these guys know how to manipulate the media and other teams. they are always playing the game with each other. plus these upcoming players have agents who are also playing the game as well. you never know who to trust or not trust so you take every thing you read and hear with a grain of salt. teams that play it really well you never know what they are going to do.

I think a lot of the problem some folks are having with this particular smokescreen is that it was saying something they really wanted to be true. When it wasn't, hurt feelings ensued.

As to Breer's account of the Darnold trade, it's pretty much just a nuts and bolts play by play of how the deal happened. It isn't written to make anybody look good, bad or whatever. It's just a basic story.

But we have folks railing against it here with no real justification other than "it doesn't say what I want it to so I don't believe it".

Okay 😕

Edited by Mr. Scot

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hence the word "smokescreen".

Breer isn't a team person and he got his info on the Darnold story from the Jets as well as the Panthers.

You want to disbelieve the story? Feel free, but suggesting that a bunch of internet fans with no inside access at all have a better handle on what really happened is just plain dumb.

You were the main person saying smokescreens don’t happen often. Not saying I agree with that or not. People on here, not just you, throw up one source like it’s the honest truth and disregard others because it makes them look wrong. Honestly the best approach is to take clues and contexts from events that actually happen and drawing your own conclusion. We will more that likely never know what really happened. For example, Carolina wanting Darnold from the beginning is something this team wants to sale for obvious reasons, but it just doesn’t really line up with how events unfolded.