• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jack Eichel

No rumors linking the Canes, just posting for discussion. Sounds like Eichel is on his way out of Buffalo. To me, this is the type of move we need to make to take the next step. Eichel is a point per game center and was the captain of an admittedly underachieving team. 

We're most likely losing Dougie, and Eichel could effectively replace Trocheck. From a salary perspective it would be a pretty even swap. So then you can weigh the cost to acquire. I would offer up 1st + Trocheck + Skjei + Ryan Suzuki. Possibly swap Skjei for another 1st if needed. Something along those lines. 

Thoughts?

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

13 hours ago, GamecockSmitty4 said:

No rumors linking the Canes, just posting for discussion. Sounds like Eichel is on his way out of Buffalo. To me, this is the type of move we need to make to take the next step. Eichel is a point per game center and was the captain of an admittedly underachieving team. 

We're most likely losing Dougie, and Eichel could effectively replace Trocheck. From a salary perspective it would be a pretty even swap. So then you can weigh the cost to acquire. I would offer up 1st + Trocheck + Skjei + Ryan Suzuki. Possibly swap Skjei for another 1st if needed. Something along those lines. 

Thoughts?

Those are some interesting trade swaps that just might succeed. Like always,salaries would be paramount in any trade or swap.

• Pie 1

His injury concerns me and I'm not sure his contract makes sense for us. Phenomenal player and having 1a and 1b centers of Eichel and Aho would be insane. But I'd rather we just stay the course and develop our own prospects/young players and continue to make shrewd deals like the Trocheck and Nino deals.

• Pie 2