• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gantt on WFNZ

Mr. Scot

23 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

We have an influx of non-fans every season/off season. No different than any other year.

Most don't stick around, some do. Some can be cured, that one is basically herpes.

23 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

The movers didn't bother you the other day delivering my couch into your head? There is a whole lot of room up here. I may get a bigger tv, and maybe a recliner. Oh, oh, oh and a mini fridge.

Just admit it. You love me. You must, cuz you talk about me all the time. I mean, C'mon man. You let me live rent free in your head as it is. lol @  you. Now go away, or I shall be forced to taunt you a second time.

Supporting Equality

18 minutes ago, stbugs said:

So, we’re you wrong on this? Seems like the Panthers viewed him just a shade below, not $6-12M below. It ended up being $1-2M below.

I was in the 14-15 over five year range(20 was the number), thats not 16.8, so I guess Im wrong. Thats more than the current tag fyi....... I mean hes not the highest paid and not 20 million per either. Most times with a very good clean pro like Moton, Im not going to bitach about a couple extra million. ALso I would have much prefer signing Dwilliams(he played better than Moton last year btw) to 3 year, $24,000,000 contract over this.....same gos for signing Austin Ekeler to a 4 year, $24,500,000 contract 100% over CMC and his insane 12.5 per deal that no other RB has past years ago. Add in the SHaq deal, CMC, and RT Moton talk about pissing away cap space on some of the least valued spots. GOOOO PANTHERS!!!

17 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I was in the 14-15 over five year range(20 was the number), thats not 16.8, so I guess Im wrong. Thats more than the current tag fyi....... I mean hes not the highest paid and not 20 million per either. Most times with a very good clean pro like Moton, Im not going to bitach about a couple extra million. ALso I would have much prefer signing Dwilliams(he played better than Moton last year btw) to 3 year, $24,000,000 contract over this.....same gos for signing Austin Ekeler to a 4 year, $24,500,000 contract 100% over CMC and his insane 12.5 per deal that no other RB has past years ago. Add in the SHaq deal, CMC, and RT Moton talk about pissing away cap space on some of the least valued spots. GOOOO PANTHERS!!!

least valued spots?

i understand the idea that RB and LB falls into that catgory but RT?

What positions do you actually view as valuable?  Maybe in a perfect world you pay your LT and not your RT but in that perfect world everyone has an elite LT.

Just looking at offense what positions do you consider worthy of a top contract?

QB, LT, WR, RT?

21 minutes ago, Basbear said:

ALso I would have much prefer signing Dwilliams(he played better than Moton last year btw)

I'd say they were on par.  I don't understand why Williams couldn't stay healthy for us and then he  plays all 19 games last year for the Bills.  If Williams had stayed healthy for us, we would have extended.

Do other teams know something about keeping players healthy that we don't?

Edited by SBBlue

4 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

least valued spots?

i understand the idea that RB and LB falls into that catgory but RT?

What positions do you actually view as valuable?  Maybe in a perfect world you pay your LT and not your RT but in that perfect world everyone has an elite LT.

Just looking at offense what positions do you consider worthy of a top contract?

QB, LT, WR, RT?

Checkout the league and how it pays. Lane Johnson was signed with intentions to play LT, Ram just signed this month, same for Moton. League has been focused on OGs, and LTs over RTs. You can not pay every spot top money, league has been not paying RTs for some time. Those are just the top 20, go down the list and RT is neck and neck with C.....Id prefer to pay C over RT too.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/offensive-line/

My spots are QB, DE/edge, LT, WR and if its true man CB them too.

Not putting coin into RB, RT, Safety, zone CBs and LBs(not 3-4OLB)

I will say TE and C are vastly under paid, I would be signing TEs and C to top money if the right guy is available. Reset the market without thinking about it. 

For TOO god dam long the panthers have been paying the least valued spots TOP money, add 5 more years to the last 15 years...... 

15 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I'd say they were on par.  I don't understand why Williams couldn't stay healthy for us and then he  plays all 19 games last year for the Bills.  If Williams had stayed healthy for us, we would have extended.

Do other teams know something about keeping players healthy that we don't?

Think about it Williams was forced to play LT......failed no question, unfair he was coming off a shredded ACL. MCL knee. Dumb dumb, my god! Think about Moton moving to LT and Williams is where he was 2nd team all-pro.....Now the panthers have OTs for the next 10 years!! Sometimes fugy was going on with Moton not playing LT..... 

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Williams isn’t as good as Moton, but he did play well. Hurney is just dumb is why. He’s more than happy to throw money at guys coming right off severe injuries (Okung for 13.5M, Paradis for 9M, Williams for 6M and Short for 13M) whereas the Bills got Williams two years removed from injury. For those 4 we got 2 re-injuries and 2 terrible first seasons back.

He played better this past season, will that remain?, dont know. Answer this is Moton 2x better than the Dwilliams that played this past season? Moton never was 2nd team all-pro, Moton also never had the bad years Williams did while rehabbing an acl knee. Id take williams and his contract 10 out of 10 compared to Moton. 

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Checkout the league and how it pays. Lane Johnson was signed with intentions to play LT, Ram just signed this month, same for Moton. League has been focused on OGs, and LTs over RTs. You can not pay every spot top money, league has been not paying RTs for some time. Those are just the top 20, go down the list and RT is neck and neck with C.....Id prefer to pay C over RT too.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/offensive-line/

My spots are QB, DE/edge, LT, WR and if its true man CB them too.

Not putting coin into RB, RT, Safety, zone CBs and LBs(not 3-4OLB)

I will say TE and C are vastly under paid, I would be signing TEs and C to top money if the right guy is available. Reset the market without thinking about it. 

For TOO god dam long the panthers have been paying the least valued spots TOP money, add 5 more years to the last 15 years...... 

I agree that deans hiss’s has often overrated lower value positions but I think you are devaluing RT.

In recent years RT has been closing the gap on LTs.  The league is changing, defenses like to move their best players around. 

Also one reason RTs are devalued somewhat in the past is because they often  have TEs covering them up but on passing downs that isn’t always the case or if you have a playmakimg TE you like to split him out wide. 

6 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

I agree that deans hiss’s has often overrated lower value positions but I think you are devaluing RT.

In recent years RT has been closing the gap on LTs.  The league is changing, defenses like to move their best players around. 

Also one reason RTs are devalued somewhat in the past is because they often  have TEs covering them up but on passing downs that isn’t always the case or if you have a playmakimg TE you like to split him out wide. 

I switched OG with RT on my value chart. In the past I not want to invest ANY draft capital before mid 3rd on OG, league changed and I had to follow. Again its a tough gig, along with a tough choice. RT is just not as valued as nearly 70% of other spots. Facts are there, yes it has changed some recently, they are stilll FAR behind. I maybe changing my tune in the future, Ive said for YEARS TE and C are vastly underpaid. I feel the league is 100% wrong on TE and C. Someone has to be bottom paid tho and the league has Safety, RTs, C, LBs, TEs, and RTs are it. If you look into RT salaries its a fast drop after the top 3-4 guys, like 10 million difference. Not normal at all. Thats where I want to be, in the 8 million pool and not the 16-20 waiting to play LT pool. 2x, thats hurts to my core.......

12 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I switched OG with RT on my value chart. In the past I not want to invest ANY draft capital before mid 3rd on OG, league changed and I had to follow. Again its a tough gig, along with a tough choice. RT is just not as valued as nearly 70% of other spots. Facts are there, yes it has changed some recently, they are stilll FAR behind. I maybe changing my tune in the future, Ive said for YEARS TE and C are vastly underpaid. I feel the league is 100% wrong on TE and C. Someone has to be bottom paid tho and the league has Safety, RTs, C, LBs, TEs, and RTs are it. If you look into RT salaries its a fast drop after the top 3-4 guys, like 10 million difference. Not normal at all. Thats where I want to be, in the 8 million pool and not the 16-20 waiting to play LT pool. 2x, thats hurts to my core.......

The top 3-4 guys are the recent ones.  The league is changing, elite RT are getting very close to LT money.

When looking at players value you have to not only look at what position helps you win more, you have to look at what is easier to find in the draft or free agency.

What helps your team win more? A good RG or RT.

Which is cheaper to find in free agency?

Which is easier to find in the draft?

Answer those three questions and that tells you which is more valuable.

16 hours ago, AU-panther said:

What helps your team win more? A good RG or RT.

I'd say the same, but if I had to pick, I'd say RT

Which is cheaper to find in free agency?

RG

Which is easier to find in the draft?

RG

Answer those three questions and that tells you which is more valuable.

RT, and the market confirms that.