• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Canes Protection List

zacka77ack

23 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

They had to have their selections submitted to the NHL by 10 am. Pretty much the entire list has leaked now.

Ah, gotcha. I thought it was 10PM. Makes a lot more sense. If that’s the case. We got out sitting real pretty. Geekie gets a higher opportunity and we kept Bean, Lorentz and McCormick. 

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, CanePantherHornet said:

Reports are that the Kraken have selected Morgan Geekie and there are no side deals. 

We got to keep Bean, bros!

Bit disappointing but...we were going to lose someone. Lets hope we can get some of the UFAs signed now, though.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I've seen Geekie's name as well. Hope he does well and has a successful career going forward. 

He was starting to come into his own and was even showing some grit. 

I think giving him an opportunity in Seattle is the best for everyone. If true it really sounds like rod told Ron, look this dude needs an opportunity on a third or second line. It sounds like he could get that there and it’s not like Seattle won’t be a cup contender like Vegas with this drafting system either. 

I really did think bean though, a young face of the franchise defenseman. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 2

6 hours ago, Harbingers said:

They went really young it looks like. Gonna be interesting to see how their season goes. 

Young with a lot of cap space to do some free agency shopping.

Was hoping the Canes would go with Ned (new contract) and Mrazek (new contract) in net and make a run at Oleksiak or Tarasenko, but that all went to sh!t real quick.

• Pie 1