• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's amazing to think...

capfolly

DeAngelo Williams is 140 yards from another 1000 yard season. Other than Stephen Davis and Anthony Johnson(although his 1000 yard season was more quantity than quality), 860 was considered a Pro Bowl season for our RBs. It's nice having an elite RB isn't it:)

DeAngelo Williams is 140 yards from another 1000 yard season. Other than Stephen Davis and Anthony Johnson(although his 1000 yard season was more quantity than quality), 860 was considered a Pro Bowl season for our RBs. It's nice having an elite RB isn't it:)

the amazing part is that we have 2 of them plus one of the most dangerous WR in football and we are still sub .500

It makes me want to ask fox wtf..was he thinking keeping Dwill the backup as long as he did.

who knows.. we can play the if game if you'd like

what if Dwill wasn't the backup so long and got put into the mix and didn't perform well. We all heard rumors that he had trouble picking up the blocking assignments. and by the end of the second year he proved to be the better back in that regard too.

From what i can tell, his first season was a redshirt year. His second season was where he had to prove himself. And he got his shot in the third and showed the world that he isn't a pushover. I also think that oline has gotten way better too.

I think even DeAngelo would tell you he wasn't ready to start until he did. He would have done it if asked, and probably better than Foster did, but he may never have reached his true potential if they had not signed Vinny Testaverde.

Yeah. Why else did DeWill gave credit to Vinny for his best season ever last year? I doubt he would lie out of his ass for saying Vinny motivated him to play hard. While I wish made him play a lot in first 2 seasons like he did with Stewart, maybe he didn't want to rush him (no pun intended) too quick. But that in the past & I'm happy DeWill is still playing good as he did last year. :)

Even more amazing the Panther brain thrust took 2 years to give him the starting nod.

Archived