• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will the game be shown in the Triad?

BIGH2001

it 100% wont be in wilmington. to be eligiable you must be within the 75 mile broadcasting range, which sucks, but it also rules should there ever be a blackout. Also, get to a bar about 30 minutes early, if you plan to go to fox and the hound or buffulo wild wings or someplace like that i suggest an hour, because trust me, you wont be alone and you might not get a seat.

head to the panthers fan legion, should start to be some activity in the wilmington area thread.

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-1/Panthers-in-primetime-on-NFL-Network/3e2d45a4-2e4a-47eb-aba3-22ec3973c8e3

"Locally, in addition to the NFL Network, fans will be able to see the game on WAXN-TV 64 in the 22-county Charlotte television market. Outside of the Charlotte market, only people who have the NFL Network from the Dish Network or Direct TV on satellite or Comcast and a few other cable systems in North and South Carolina will be able to view the broadcast. The game will not be carried by Time Warner Cable systems outside of Charlotte throughout the Carolinas."

A big meh to that.

No wonder folks think this is a small market team. Draw that circle out another 50 miles and you pick up the Triad, Columbia SC, Greenville/Spartanburg SC, and probably Asheville NC. That adds quite a few more who are usually in the broadcast area. It's BS. I'm less than 100 miles from Charlotte and always get the games, yet have no access to NFL Network other than satellite. Funny thing is, I can't remember this happening until now. Oh well, I guess I have to hit the local dive.

No wonder folks think this is a small market team. Draw that circle out another 50 miles and you pick up the Triad, Columbia SC, Greenville/Spartanburg SC, and probably Asheville NC. That adds quite a few more who are usually in the broadcast area. It's BS. I'm less than 100 miles from Charlotte and always get the games, yet have no access to NFL Network other than satellite. Funny thing is, I can't remember this happening until now. Oh well, I guess I have to hit the local dive.

The local carriage of NFL Network games is a NFL rule. The Panthers can not do anything about it. Only one station is allowed to carry it outside of the NFL Network.

Archived