• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Still Want to Upgrade -- Via Trade??

SetfreexX

The LT spot is difficult to decide.  Do you trade away draft capital for a LT on a team that he's not starting for?  Trade for a disgruntled player? Trade for an aging Vet?  IMO all of these could set us back further than what we are now.  If we are going to trade for a player than that player HAS TO BE PROVEN on the field otherwise you are gambling with your future.

Winning franchises, win through solid drafts not free agency.  You fill in gaps with Free Agency. It seems that Erving is not panning out, which is sad to here because he was that Fill in the gap player. I think our best option is to sign Russell Okung again.  Draft OT in 2022.   He's been out all preseason and should be healed from his injuries. I would assume he is in good shape just waiting for a call.  If we remember, Jonathan Stewart was always out of preseason and once the season started he was good.

One last thing on Okung, he won't cost us any draft capital.  If he were to go down again at least we have Erving to replace him or move Moton over to LT.  Or possibly Christensen has developed enough to go to LT.  

As far who they are extending I hope it isn't Anderson.  As I said before you build through the draft.  We just drafted two players in Marshall and Smith that can take the role of Anderson.  They're young and cheap. Not to mention that C.J. Saunders is making a huge bid to be in our final 53.  You work on signing our draft pick DJ Moore and let Anderson walk.  

If we continue to sign our draft picks we build continuity and loyalty to the Panther Organization. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2