• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dancing with the Stars season 30 (oh, we know you watch)

PanthersATL

Cast announced this morning:

• Jimmie Allen (country singer)
  • Melanie C (SPICE GIRL!)
  • Christine Chiu (something something plastic surgery)
  • Melora Hardin ("Jan" from The Office)
  • Olivia Jade (parents have been in jail)
  • Matt James (Bachelor)
  • Amanda Kloots (former Rockette, and on The Talk)
  • Martin Kove (karate kid)
  • Suni Lee (olympian)
  • The Miz (The Miz)
  • Kenya Moore (Real Housewives)
  • Cody Rigsby (professional stationary bike rider)
  • Brian Austin Green (dates lots of women)
  • JoJo Siwa (ponytail aficionado)
  • Iman Shumpert (NBA)
  • Poo 1

Okay, I don't watch this show, but I know of it. Are they running out of has-beens that need some extra cash or are trying to let the viewing audience know they're still alive? I thought they had actors and athletes and generally more well-known personalities? Jerry Rice was on this show, so was Emmitt Smith, but this is how far ABC is reaching into the bottom of the barrel? 

I mean, seriously, I know none of these people outside of Suni Lee.

I do have questions, though. WT exact F is a "professional stationary bike rider," or a "ponytail afficiando?"

Someone's parents being in jail makes them a TV personality? Or the fact they date "lots of women?"

It should be re-titled "Jumping the Shark With the Stars." Better yet, just "Jumping the Shark" because there are no fugging stars here.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, SingleMalt said:

This thread should be combined with the “Who’s life sucks and wants to make some money” thread.

DWTS is mostly wholesome family entertainment. It used to be a laugh riot with Erin Andrews as co-host with Tom Bergeron, but sadly they were relieved of their duties.   

As Tom would often say:  mock everything about the show that you want (the costumes, theming, dance choices, etc) , but not the effort put in by the performers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

it's either lazy teleprompter script writers, or Tyra and the other DWTS producers not having a clue...

but Amanda Kloots was NOT dressed as Jigsaw last night.

She was dressed as Billy the Puppet. Identifying the characters of a 9-film franchise is kind of a big detail to get wrong 

the other performances were pretty decent. the halloween episode is always worthwhile.