• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Injured LB Davis says he wants to finish his career as a Panther

Sultan33g

If he doesn't finish his career here he's gonna have to spend like $20K to get his car repainted. So at least we have that going for us.

you mean the box style chevy convertible that got stolen? i searched for the thread, but didn't find it.

awesome to hear davis wants to finish up hear. i was just talking to a Georgia fan the other day about him.

In all likelihood next year will be uncapped since the owners are in no hurry to sign a new CBA. Part of the reason is that free agency will go from 4 years to 6 years of service before you are eligible. Davis is one of the guys affected. He won't be an unrestricted free agent next year. He will be a restricted free agent allowing us to match any offer he gets.

That same sort of quote has been uttered by a lot of players who wound up calling the moving vans.

He may stay. I hope he does. But statements like this are about as meaningful as a politician's campaign promise.

From a personal standpoint, I don't think I could have a mindset any different from his. If I couldn't stay with the team I loved, I'd have to quit.

you mean the box style chevy convertible that got stolen? i searched for the thread, but didn't find it.

awesome to hear davis wants to finish up hear. i was just talking to a Georgia fan the other day about him.

Exactly. I swear I recall it having Panthers' logos all over it wih an actual panther lying down somewhere. But I've hallucinated worse...

I can understand that too, but it's different when it's your livelihood (especially for guys with families).

A bunch of them have made more money already than I will see in my entire life, though.

There comes a point where you have to prepare for moments such as when you are no longer able to be a football player (this includes career-ending injuries).

I see your point, oviously. :P

I'm really hoping a deal gets done so we will not have to waste a franchise tag on him. He had an all star season but if you look at his career as a whole, does this season alone warrant that kind of money for one year? Nope.
:mad2: Oh yea let's just save the franchise tag for Peppers again this year so we can pay him 20 plus million this coming year to play simi good don't we. I wheather use the franchise on TD then peppers sorry soon to be 32 year old A$$.:mad2:

:mad2: Oh yea let's just save the franchise tag for Peppers again this year so we can pay him 20 plus million this coming year to play simi good don't we. I wheather use the franchise on TD then peppers sorry soon to be 32 year old A$$.:mad2:

Wont need to. Plus if it is uncapped you get 2 franchise tags.

Archived