• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WildCat

Britneck

Ok. Everyone keeps making it seem like the Dolphins invented this. Everything i read is about how they run it and people are copying it. Did we not start this trend that year we played ATL, when Weinke was our QB, and we didn't want him to throw, so we just did the direct snap? I can't fully remember because i do like to have a drink and things blend together at times, but why aren't we getting the credit for this? Thats what we were running right?

brilliant! you should write a book, seriously

Yeah, I was really just asking because i don't remember anyone else doing it like we did. I really wanted to know who started it. No need to be a dick. I like how everyone came in with good honest answers and all you did was troll. Stay in Philly it suits you.

This formation is a version of the wing-T which was the predominant formation in the NFL about 60 years ago... the Dolphins just commit to it, doesn't mean they invented it. Most teams will run it every now and then to throw the defense off. The wildcat is part of the Dolphins base offense and that's why we run it the best in the NFL.

It will be harder now that Ronnie is out, but Ricky has been pretty successful with it too.

Archived