• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

They are really pushing the Diggs shutdown Moore narrative

GoobyPls

19 hours ago, BrianS said:

That first INT, a couple things.

They ran that play a series or two earlier, but with DJ running the router instead of Robby.  DJ was open on the play, but Sam had a ton of pressure and overthrew it a bit. 

I'll bet that when they talked about it they told Sam "This was open and we're going to go to it again".  I say that because Sam largely just locked on to the receiver.  He glanced once at the flat, but there was definitely no progression read there.

It's a shame too, because if he had followed the progression instead, DJ was WIDE (*@ OPEN deep.

Darnold said he threw it a second too early.  If he had waited one more second Robby would have been open.  I saw the clip on twitter, and yeah he's right.  It would have been a TD if he had waited one more second to throw, instead it went straight at the CB in the passing lane.

1 hour ago, Luciu5 said:

Darnold said he threw it a second too early.  If he had waited one more second Robby would have been open.  I saw the clip on twitter, and yeah he's right.  It would have been a TD if he had waited one more second to throw, instead it went straight at the CB in the passing lane.

Not sure he had another second tho, that pocket was looking pretty grim by the time he threw it.  😞

• Beer 1

Diggs is a decent player for sure, but he benefited by jumping every route, which most CB's cannot do.

But with our extraordinary Oline efforts giving Sam .4 seconds to get rid of the ball, everyone knew what was coming.  Sam might have just chucked it high or taken the sack, but he will clean that up.

Jets game was the same, Sam got rid of the ball very quickly, lots out quick passes, but remember, we had no CMC this past Sunday, so Diggs and the announcers and everyone were just waiting.

On 10/6/2021 at 9:37 AM, Harbingers said:

It was also garbage time to the cowboys and they went prevent. 

I agree he’s had an outstanding season so far. But DJ was the least of our worries, really hard to get a pass to him when you have a defensive linemen in your face in 1.5 seconds. 

Garbage time....TO THE COWBOYS, not to us.

And that decision almost came back to bite them in the ass.

On 10/6/2021 at 11:06 AM, BrianS said:

Not sure he had another second tho, that pocket was looking pretty grim by the time he threw it.  😞

You are correct.  He got hit a second after he released the ball so it would've been a sack.    This goddamn O-Line...  smh.