• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold might be the next one out the door

Matthias

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

The rookie doesn't have to start from day one and 1st round picks aren't the only way to address the OL. We'll have a lot of cap space available.

Remember Fitterer talking about OL options on the radio last week?

I seriously doubt our line is going to be built via free agency.

Just now, PootieNunu said:

What rookie? You still want a rookie QB behind this OL? That would be a complete disaster. 

I'll say it again, a rookie wouldn't have to start from day one and we'll add more than just one player this coming off-season. There's at least two guys starting on the OL next year who are not currently on the roster.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'll say it again, a rookie wouldn't have to start from day one and we'll add more than just one player this coming off-season. There's at least two guys starting on the OL next year who are not currently on the roster.

At this point I do not want to spend a 1st round pick on a QB much less 3-4. 

Like Smitty said no QB would be Elite behind this OL. The interior OL lost the game. 

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

At this point I do not want to spend a 1st round pick on a QB much less 3-4. 

I'd rather draft one in the 1st if the right guy is available than trade a boatload for a vet. Plus, Wilson has said there's only a handful of teams he'll play for and we aren't among them. Rodgers is phenomenal still, but I can't get onboard with trading a massive haul for a QB in his late 30s. I just don't see the right situation out there to trade for a vet. I have to think the Watson ship has sailed.

A quality starting QB on a rookie contract is the biggest cheat code in the NFL.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The rookie doesn't have to start from day one and 1st round picks aren't the only way to address the OL. We'll have a lot of cap space available.

We've tired it every which way except drafting a quality one in the first.   We are not good at throwing money at line free agents.  Bite the damn bullet and pick a fuging LT and be done with it.  Seems like we had pretty good success the last time we did it.

Also Sam Darnold would be in contract year next year, you expect him to pull a Donte Jackson and play well. If he doesn't you have a QB ready, if Sam does a Josh Allen then you can trade that QB for multiple picks. Just like the Jets did with Sam Darnold. I swear. Some of yall have no foresight ability. 

Edited by ImaginaryKev

1 minute ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Also Sam Darnold would be in contract year next year, you expect him to pull a Donte Jackson and play well. If he doesn't you have a QB ready, if Sam does a Josh Allen then you can trade that QB for multiple picks. Just like the Jets did with Sam Darnold. I swear. Some of yall have no foresight ability. 

So we have 2 qbs and no OL still? I Think Fitt will be looking to trade down and get a few picks back to stock up our OL. 

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

It's why I wanted Fields even though we had already traded for Darnold.

• Pie 1

Just now, PootieNunu said:

So we have 2 qbs and no OL still? I Think Fitt will be looking to trade down and get a few picks back to stock up our OL. 

You realize there are multiple draft picks in every draft, the Panthers still have some and plan to use them, can aquire more, and free agency exists? With a rising salary cap?

Why does this inspire such fear

I swear ppl on this message board think "fix the O-line first!" is a commandment or something

Screaming about a first round T for years, hate the idea of drafting a QB unless you KNOW he's Andrew Luck. Just soft lol

No surprise there's widespread panic when a loss occurs, like you're really in Hell when they lose

Edited by ImaginaryKev
  • Poo 1