• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking from Sheena Quick: We passed on Justin Fields and began the trade for Darnold post Ohio St pro day

Verge

3 minutes ago, Panthers12211981 said:

I'm fine with passing on Fields but its Slater and Trey Smith i'm pissed we passed on.

Can you imagine our line with those lined up on the left side?

I was happy with drafting Horn in the 1st round. I didn't like the trade down(s) in the 2nd round. I understand why it's good to have an abundance of picks. But, we passed on a lot of offensive lineman that probably would have significantly improved our o-Line.

We picked WR Terrence Marshall @ 59. These are the the lineman we passed on before we made our 2nd round pick after trading down. The players in blue are Tackles. The next 3 are interior lineman.

6) Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State | R2-P39 | Chicago Bears
7) Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame | R2-P42 | Miami Dolphins
😎Walker Little, Stanford | R2-P45 | Jacksonville Jaguars
9) Jackson Carman, Clemson | R2-P46 | Cincinnati Bengals
10) Samuel Cosmi, Texas | R2-P51 | Washington Football Team
11) Dillon Radunz, North Dakota State | R2-P53 | Tennessee Titans

Landon Dickerson, Alabama | Round 2, Pick 37 | Philadelphia Eagles

Jackson Carman, Clemson | Round 2, Pick 46 | Cincinnati Bengals

Aaron Banks, Notre Dame | Round 2, Pick 48 | San Francisco 49ers

----

Unless Marshall starts balling out real soon, all of the above guys would've have cetainly made a bigger impact on THIS YEAR'S Carolina Panther because I believe they're better than the guys we currently have. 

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, pantherj said:

Imagine the hell Teddy had to endure playing without CMC for all but three games in 2020. Sam is making me miss Teddy and that's pretty sad.

You remember when Samuel went down and we were without Cmc and Curtis. THAT would be more like the same scenario. Iirc, at that point we looked almost exactly like we looked yesterday. 

Something is missing, I just cant put my finger on it( besides olineman ). Maybe Dan Arnold was awkwardly the catalyst of our success. 

Get that line in order and McCaffrey back and we'll be fine. Not only is Cmc a running and receiving threat but he's low a very good blocker. 

Sam had a bad game. A couple of bad games but I'm not giving up on him or my QB. We're only 5 games into a 17 game season. If we drop the next two though, that's a totally different story. 

Crazy thing is...even with all that, if we would have got that fumble instead of that safety we would be at 4-1.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

You remember when Samuel went down and we were without Cmc and Curtis. THAT would be more like the same scenario. Iirc, at that point we looked almost exactly like we looked yesterday. 

Something is missing, I just cant put my finger on it( besides olineman ). Maybe Dan Arnold was awkwardly the catalyst of our success. 

Get that line in order and McCaffrey back and we'll be fine. Not only is Cmc a running and receiving threat but he's low a very good blocker. 

Sam had a bad game. A couple of bad games but I'm not giving up on him or my QB. We're only 5 games into a 17 game season. If we drop the next two though, that's a totally different story. 

Crazy thing is...even with all that, if we would have got that fumble instead of that safety we would be at 4-1.

In a weird way, I'm actually kind of glad we lost this game. I think we were over hyped after coming out of the gate at 3-0. Losing to the Cowboys on the road by one score is nothing to be ashamed of this season. But, the Eagle loss seems to have brought us back to earth. I think you're gonna see them team (coaches, FO, and players) refocus.

That loss was embarrasing, but I think it was what the team needed. It could light the fire we need to play better for the rest of the season. Who knows, even the O-line may play better after the terrible press they received after Sunday's performance.

Admittedly, I am a Bear's fan. But I have watched EVERY snap, Preseason and Regular Season that Justin has taken. If you were to look at Bears posts on FB, you'd see me advocating for Fields to sit. NOT b/c he's bad, but b/c we're on out FOURTH LT. Having said that, the guy throws 3-4 passes per game that make you, as a Bears homer, extremely encouraged! He's going to be special. Probably not this year, as he continues to grow and learn, but next year and beyond. We tried to sign Teddy before you guys got him. And I'm so glad we didn't. I live in Denver and, although decent, he will never be a Top 5 guy. BTW, the reason I think the Bears will be average this year isn't because of Justin; it's because the Bears have the 2nd toughest schedule and play EVERY OTHER GAME away this year, so Justin (barring our line getting him hurt) will learn tremendously this year! Good Luck on your Season. Sincerely.

6 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

I wouldn't count the Cowboys game as a bad game mainly 'cause he came right back and threw back-to-back TD passes to offset the 2 INTs he threw.

The Eagles game is the first game that he was truly TerriBAD.   

And that sh*t had better stop or he's going to be a Backup QB for another team real soon.

• Pie 1