• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricanes 2021-2022 Season Games Thread

Harbingers

• 2 weeks later...

Well with the big splash in the panthers realm I’m just getting around to checking canes news.

All three injured are at least skating. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see Pesce at least on the long west coast road trip. Nino dunno, Raanta dunno. Necas & Fast “are not feeling well” though and held out of practice today. But I haven’t seen any call ups so we must be expecting to be able to field a full roster tomorrow night. 

Jarvis was with Aho and Svech today too. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

Sounds like no Necas tonight but maaaayyyybbeeee Nino. Fast And Nino skated but Necas did not. Pesce wasn’t on the ice either. 

Raanta was concussed but he skated today and is feeling better according to Rod I think he starts tomorrow night. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

Lyon looked solid and Leivo played decent, thankful for their service but excited to see what a fully healthy Canes lineup can do.

The real thing here is…. who sits?

I’m not sure if it will be a popular opinion but I’d probably sit KK.

Svech - Aho - Jarvis

Turbo - Trocheck - Necas

Nino - Staal - Fast

Lorentz - Stepan - Marty

• Pie 2

21 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Lyon looked solid and Leivo played decent, thankful for their service but excited to see what a fully healthy Canes lineup can do.

Svech - Aho - Jarvis

Turbo - Trocheck - Necas

Nino - Staal - Fast

Lorentz - Stepan - Marty

Definitely not Jarvis.

• Pie 3

24 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Svech - Aho - Jarvis

Turbo - Trocheck - Necas

Nino - Staal - Fast

Lorentz - Stepan - Marty

2 minutes ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

Definitely not Jarvis.

That’s a tough one but I think it is Jarvis. People are bound to get knicked up as the season goes on and Jarvis will get plenty of play time. KK simply needs to get in a position to take more shots, his two way has been good not sure about his direct defense. He’s 5th or 6th in hits. I’d hate to bench 6 million until we are sure he isn’t producing at a level he should be. Keep Jarvis practicing with the lines and rotate him in to give guys a rest every few games. 

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

That’s a tough one but I think it is Jarvis. People are bound to get knicked up as the season goes on and Jarvis will get plenty of play time. KK simply needs to get in a position to take more shots, his two way has been good not sure about his direct defense. He’s 5th or 6th in hits. I’d hate to bench 6 million until we are sure he isn’t producing at a level he should be. Keep Jarvis practicing with the lines and rotate him in to give guys a rest every few games. 

I’m gonna be honest, the best KK has looked so far this year was on the fourth line with Stepan and Marty.

• Pie 2

27 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I’m gonna be honest, the best KK has looked so far this year was on the fourth line with Stepan and Marty.

Well because he’s the best shooter out of that bunch by a mile. Stepan and Marty are both close guys. We are only getting close to 20% of the season he’s got a long way to find his feet here. Switching a guy out every few games for Jarvis to keep him playing if there is no injuries will go a long way to managing workload for the season as things start to get more crazy before the Olympics. 

• Beer 1