• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Regardless of the end, I’m proud of sam

TN05

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

So I am guessing you are all for QB in the draft?  Any reason to believe that guy succeeds with this situation?  I will wait on your wisdom on fixing this

Not in the first round. I am on record multitudes of times as saying this is a bad QB draft.

Using a first round pick on a QB prospect in this draft will be pure panic. Get the best OL available in the first round and fix something we can fix. 

24 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Not all. His performances are roughly 90% his fault but the surrounding situation does account for about 10%.

Although I think he deserves the burden of blame for his performance, I think his first four games indicate that there's much more going on than Darnold alone... I think the offense got figured out, I think Brady hasn't been able to adapt OR Darnold hasn't been able to get new players under his belt or something to allow the offense to grow. 

Yes his first four games were somewhat fools Gold, but he was still so much more decisive and was hitting the deeper passes... The wheels started coming off vs Dallas but it wasn't until subsequent games where he looked really exposed... And remember that is when we started hearing Ds knew what plays we were running before the snap.

• Pie 2

Just now, mav1234 said:

Although I think he deserves the burden of blame for his performance, I think his first four games indicate that there's much more going on than Darnold alone... I think the offense got figured out, I think Brady hasn't been able to adapt OR Darnold hasn't been able to get new players under his belt or something to allow the offense to grow. 

Yes his first four games were somewhat fools Gold, but he was still so much more decisive and was hitting the deeper passes... The wheels started coming off vs Dallas but it wasn't until subsequent games where he looked really exposed... And remember that is when we started hearing Ds knew what plays we were running before the snap.

He wasn't playing as well as the results were in those first four games. There is no doubt our lack of creativity on offense has led to the offense grinding to a halt. However, no one is forcing Sam to heave these ill advised throws up. He isn't even being pressured half the time when he is doing so.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

You said he’s not throwing picks in clean pockets which he is absolutely doing this year

Quick how many of you people have been hit by a 250 lb freight train trying to score a TD for your team and had a bad day after being in concussion protocol all week until right before kickoff?   Then…get bullshet from the entire world.  Sounds fun.

Edited by Shocker

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Quick how many of you people have been hit by a 250 freight train trying to score a TD for your team and had a bad day after being in concussion protocol all week until right before kickoff?   Then…get bullshet from the entire world.  Sounds fun.

Are you related to Sam?

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Are you related to Sam?

Of course not…but we have to be realistic.  Sam is really fuggin trying and a lot of this isn’t his fault.  Win as a team…

The OL has to be really depressed because they just aren’t good either.  

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1

Just now, Shocker said:

Of course not…but we have to be realistic.  Sam is really fuggin trying and a lot of this isn’t his fault.  Win as a team…

I don't doubt he is trying. He literally cannot help that he is not good at this. 

Why do you think I blame Rhule? He was dumb enough to trade for him, dumb enough to not have an NFL backup QB and dumb enough to keep trotting out a guy who very, very, very, VERY, VERY clearly cannot play this position in the NFL.

So, I will continue to blame almost all of Darnold's play on Darnold, because it is fundamentally his fault. And I will continue to blame everything Darnold has done and will continue to do to destroy this team, squarely on Mr. Final Say's shoulders.

Never thought I would flip on Rhule this quick but I would be just fine canning him this week.

• Pie 3

9 minutes ago, Shocker said:

really fuggin trying

Is this not a common trait of the utterly common and worst players in the NFL?

That they ARE REALLY FUGGING TRYING?

Honestly, my brother, I respect your opinions, but that one was weak as fug.

Edited by tiger7_88

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I don't doubt he is trying. He literally cannot help that he is not good at this. 

Why do you think I blame Rhule? He was dumb enough to trade for him, dumb enough to not have an NFL backup QB and dumb enough to keep trotting out a guy who very, very, very, VERY, VERY clearly cannot play this position in the NFL.

So, I will continue to blame almost all of Darnold's play on Darnold, because it is fundamentally his fault. And I will continue to blame everything Darnold has done and will continue to do to destroy this team, squarely on Mr. Final Say's shoulders.

Never thought I would flip on Rhule this quick but I would be just fine canning him this week.

I mean…this NFL is about right and wrong calls.  Personally I don't think Sam over Jones was a bad call.  I wanted Fields but that thought is totally up in the air.  He has been average so far.  Personally think QB should be the target in the draft but that doesn’t fix this team as is…the rebuild is being stretched.  If we draft QB no way of knowing if that will work.  We need a better OC and someone that knows offensive talent.