• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2021-2022 Games Thread

Captain Morgan

7 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Too much. It's in the division

Unlikely, he’s on an expiring deal and the Magic aren’t competing for the playoffs.

Not saying the price wouldn’t be high but since he’s on the last year of his deal it wouldn’t prevent the Magic from trading him within the division.

Magic will just take the best offer for him.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

5 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Unlikely, he’s on an expiring deal and the Magic aren’t competing for the playoffs.

Magic will just take the best offer for him.

Bamba is only 23 and playing his best season yet so far. They're not going to let him go cheaply to a division opponent that they know desperately needs a center.

11 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Bamba is only 23 and playing his best season yet so far. They're not going to let him go cheaply to a division opponent that they know desperately needs a center.

It wouldn’t be cheap but I think this is one situation where being a divisional opponent wouldn’t matter that much.

I think they’ll take the best offer for Bamba and I don’t expect him to fetch the same type of return that Myles Turner would.

I’d suspect P.J. Washington, Nick Richards, and the protected first round pick from New Orleans (which will certainly become two seconds) would get the job done.

Magic could roll with a lineup of Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Jonathan Issac, P.J. Washington, and Wendell Carter with Hampton, Ross, F. Wagner, M. Wagner, and Richards coming off the bench.

Hornets could roll with Ball, Rozier, Hayward, Bridges, and Bamba with Smith, Martin, Oubre, McDaniels, and Plumlee coming off the bench. Rest of the bench would be made up of Bouknight, Jones, and Carey.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

30 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

We’re going to have to trade for a big.

Mo Bamba from Orlando is going to be a hot candidate, I’d be interested to see what they would want from us.

Just wait for him to be a free agent this offseason. I doubt he is part of the long term plans in Orlando and probably wants a fresh start anyways.

1 minute ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

I honestly did not realize the season he was having so far. 

Yep, I live in Orlando and have seen him play a few times. He’s been solid this year.

Issue for him is that Wendell Carter has been better.

From what I’ve heard, it’s unlikely that he’ll be in the Magic’s future plans but he’ll definitely command a big market from playoff contenders.

Magic will want young players back with term along with some draft picks.

16 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

It wouldn’t be cheap but I think this is one situation where being a divisional opponent wouldn’t matter that much.

I think they’ll take the best offer for Bamba and I don’t expect him to fetch the same type of return that Myles Turner would.

I’d suspect P.J. Washington, Nick Richards, and the protected first round pick from New Orleans (which will certainly become two seconds) would get the job done.

Magic could roll with a lineup of Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Jonathan Issac, P.J. Washington, and Wendell Carter with Hampton, Ross, F. Wagner, M. Wagner, and Richards coming off the bench.

I think that would be too much for Bamba. He is young, but he's barely averaging in the double digits scoring while 9.4 rebounds per game. That is a step up from Plumlee and Richards as far as rebounds go.

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I think that would be too much for Bamba. He is young, but he's barely averaging in the double digits scoring while 9.4 rebounds per game. That is a step up from Plumlee and Richards as far as rebounds go.

For me it’s more about the rim protection… buttttt… if Richards can protect the rim like he did in the second half then maybe it’s not necessary.

• Pie 2

Here’s your ball game right here.

Harrell and Gafford in the first half - 25 points

Harrell and Gafford in the second half - 10 points

We locked down their bigs in the second half and with the Wizards only shooting 19% from three that effectively finished them.Finish Him Mortal Kombat GIF

Shoutout to Nick Richards, Kelly Oubre, and Cody Martin who brought the defense in the second half.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

For me it’s more about the rim protection… buttttt… if Richards can protect the rim like he did in the second half then maybe it’s not necessary.

If Bamba had more time on his contract, I would be up for the trade. I just don't think giving up that much for a one year rental or less is smart. Richards is improving and should get more playing time too. He's shown he can offer some rim protection.

• Pie 2