• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bridgewater(2020) vs. Darnold(2021) through 6 games.

kungfoodude

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

And his 3 great games were against bottom dwelling teams who hadn’t won a game after 3 weeks. Same with Sam, looked great after 3 weeks, maybe even 4 weeks. I think Teddy had 4 turnovers this week as well.

I still think Sam has a much higher ceiling than Teddy, but unless he gains consistency he’ll never be a playoff guy. I do want to give him 2022 since we paid for it because we need an OL that isn’t just trash. I expect some bad throws but when you can be under constant pressure and can’t step up or roll out well, you don’t get a true picture of what needs to be fixed.

I would say that having a better OL would be the fix but he struggles as much or more when he has time to throw. Case in point, that INT to start the Vikings game. He has what, 5-6 seconds? Everyone was covered and he tries to force the ball throwing across the field in a position that any college QB knows you can't throw that ball. 

That's the issue with Sam Darnold. There is absolutely no evidence he is learning or improving his decision making or processing. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

The problem with Teddy is bigger.  It reminds me of Sam Bradford, and its why I call Teddy a poor man's Sam Bradford.  There was a point in Sam's career where him and his agent realized he was getting paid based on his efficiency stats.  That's when he taylored his play towards those metrics.  Teddy is doing the same thing.  If you look close, he will take some sacks...particularly in the redzone...that absolutely hurt his team.  But do you know what it didn't hurt?  His efficiency stats.  He didn't force it into coverage and get an INT.  He didn't throw it away like he should have and bring his completion percentage down.  He took the sack and changed a TD drive into a field goal...or a field goal drive to a punt.  THAT is why starting Teddy Two Gloves is a fool's errand.  He knows where his bread is buttered.

No man stole more money in NFL history than Sam Bradford. 

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

God these comments....:

• 2001 - Weinke (15 games), Lytle (1 game)
  • 2002 - Peete (14 games), Fasani (1 [0QB rating] game), Weinke (1 game)
  • 2007 -[the corpse of] Testaverde (6 games), Carr (4 games), Moore (3 games), Delhomme (3 games)
  • 2009 - [the corpse of] Delhomme (11 games),Moore (5 games)
  • 2010 - Clausen (10 games), Moore (5 games), St Pierre (1 game)
  • 2019 - Allen (12 games), [the corpse of] Newton (2 games), Grier (2 games).   

Lol. Yeah, Darnold is really bad but people forget some of the poo we have seen at that position in our history. 

• Pie 1

Rhule's plan is stick a stopgap behind center and build out the team so that make that we don't need an elite QB to contend. This hasn't changed, Teddy was just a bad one due to his poor leadership so they moved on to another one. I think what we gave up for Sam was worth it to move on from Teddy so that's not a strike against them, in my book.

I'm fine with the strategy. My problem is that it could/should have been with Cam. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

25 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

The problem with Teddy is bigger.  It reminds me of Sam Bradford, and its why I call Teddy a poor man's Sam Bradford.  There was a point in Sam's career where him and his agent realized he was getting paid based on his efficiency stats.  That's when he taylored his play towards those metrics.  Teddy is doing the same thing.  If you look close, he will take some sacks...particularly in the redzone...that absolutely hurt his team.  But do you know what it didn't hurt?  His efficiency stats.  He didn't force it into coverage and get an INT.  He didn't throw it away like he should have and bring his completion percentage down.  He took the sack and changed a TD drive into a field goal...or a field goal drive to a punt.  THAT is why starting Teddy Two Gloves is a fool's errand.  He knows where his bread is buttered.

That's actually a great comparison and a great point.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Brock is an amateur pickpocket vs Sam Bradford.  Sam pocketed 130 million.  Brock didn't even reach half of that. 

I believe that Brock still holds the NFL record for $/GM in NFL history. 

Edit: It might be $/snap. I can't remember which.

Edited by kungfoodude

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I believe that Brock still holds the NFL record for $/GM in NFL history. 

Edit: It might be $/snap. I can't remember which.

could be per snap. 

But earnings over a career, what Sam Bradford did is insane.  He was the last of those mega rookie deals that no longer exist.