• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

wATs0N pIcKEd MiaMi...WRONG

PanthersGOATFan336

Confirmed waived clause vs. ‘no impediment’. 

So as I understand it, many of you feel this means the same thing and can’t possible mean something along the lines of, at the very least, Miami first, Panthers possible if things fail?

The question still stands. Why has the no clause waiver been reported for Miami but not Carolina?

Just now, SizzleBuzz said:

image.thumb.png.9317fc091686fa1a1acc6d6f80970e7f.png

That doesn’t answer the question. It’s not the same as Watson waiving the clause for Carolina, which hasn’t been reported.

Why?

1 minute ago, SizzleBuzz said:

There was no "confirmation" there...

...none whatsoever.

It holds as much weight as Person saying there was no ‘impediment’.

Not that I've flipped on wanting Watson here at this time, I have not and I do not, but it's easy to read all of the (conflicting?) reports on his status regarding Carolina and make most of them agree.  Especially without knowing the details of how the process plays out the mental gymnastics are kinda teeny (even if we discount that there is likely more to every involved team's interactions with the Texans than are being fed to reporters).

Is waiving the trade clause an actual, written act?  If so maybe it simply has only come up with Miami because they believe or believed they are closer to a deal there.  Someone's tweet when this all blew up a few days ago about it being good for Miami if it happened fast and good for other teams if it happened slowly can fit this narrative too.  It's a short leap to he's indicated he will but he hasn't had to yet.

Personally I think what's been reported since early this year (that he's already told them / they are aware of where he's willing to go) applies and the rest of it is people, mostly reporters, trying to make something new out of old information.   

Edited by mwright350

6 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Exactly...

If you read any article on the subject and there is a lot, they reference Ian, who covers the entire league and is more widely respected, and point outs the fact other teams were not waived other than Miami and while it doesn’t mean they won’t be in the future, Watson has waived for Miami right now.

But this is way off base for any confirmation?

Meanwhile a Panthers writer unknown to the rest of the NFL claims there is no ‘impediment’ and this basically means the clause pretty much was waived for Carolina since it’s not a problem and a thread Watson didn’t choose Miami is valid.

Yea my brain doesn’t follow that. Pretty clear Watson wants Miami first and foremost.

2 minutes ago, onmyown said:

If you read any article on the subject and there is a lot, they reference Ian, who covers the entire league and is more widely respected, and point outs the fact other teams were not waived other than Miami and while it doesn’t mean they won’t be in the future, Watson has waived for Miami right now.

But this is way off base for any confirmation?

Meanwhile a Panthers writer unknown to the rest of the NFL claims there is no ‘impediment’ and this basically means the clause pretty much was waived for Carolina since it’s not a problem and a thread Watson didn’t choose Miami is valid.

image.thumb.png.f5c8d80ec2d9d358921e1a6640a679f2.png

2 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

image.thumb.png.f5c8d80ec2d9d358921e1a6640a679f2.png

Great, our team’s beat writer ‘was told’ there was no impediment. Excellent. Get it.

Meanwhile Watson has only waived his no trade clause for Miami.

Watson did not choose Miami confirmed!

Edited by onmyown