• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC just got activated and Sam cleared the protocols.

Cdparr7

I posted this in another thread, and considered posting similar when I initially opened this thread but I didn't want to get pooped out of the forum:

I honestly kinda got Rivera flashbacks when Sam was seemingly suddenly ready to go after having his bell rung and his shoulder nearly torn off.

McCaffery as much as a game changer he is, really should have been super eased back into the role and used as a major decoy.

I was expecting the game to mainly be a bunch of handoffs to Hubbard.

23 minutes ago, 1usctrojan said:

Good lord….forgive me for responding  about non-QB related issues that the entire football world has commented on, by most of the sports outlets, in not flattering terms.  I would have never known one thing about the “girl” incapable of discussing football incident (she was a grown woman, by the way) or commenting on the foppish dress.  Do you not think that a big reason Cam has not been offered a job just may be his several self created distractions?  

Other than not diving for the ball in one of the most important games in the history of any NFL franchise, because he was afraid of getting hurt….not one other comment was about performance as a QB.  Sam’s are all QB performance related.

Sorry, if Newton is your one star player in your history, it is true we have not had any good QBs in the NFL, but we’ve had a number of star players in our history.  Doesn’t make them infallible, or everything they say or do not cringeworthy….”give me the damn ball” and “I still think we were the better team”, etc.  

it all comes with the territory, but never, ever would I say an injured player was expendable, no matter who it was..,even a Burfinct or Suh or anyone else, that is classless.

Keep that same energy for your own favorite players if that's truly how you feel. Is Sam under the microscope for how he is handling losing? Is anyone analyzing his sideline demeanor or behavior? Is anyone questioning how he is conducting himself in a press conference? Are any mothers sending in tersely worded letters admonishing him for being himself on the football field? Idk what your history is but it appears something is there you even made sure to bring up not diving on the fumble for selfish reasons. Again for someone who claims to be against making things personal with athletes you are not being consistent.

• Beer 1

43 minutes ago, frankw said:

Keep that same energy for your own favorite players if that's truly how you feel. Is Sam under the microscope for how he is handling losing? Is anyone analyzing his sideline demeanor or behavior? Is anyone questioning how he is conducting himself in a press conference? Are any mothers sending in tersely worded letters admonishing him for being himself on the football field? Idk what your history is but it appears something is there you even made sure to bring up not diving on the fumble for selfish reasons. Again for someone who claims to be against making things personal with athletes you are not being consistent.

Yes, he is, and why not?  Plenty said about his bland persona, lack of leadership and toughness…it’s part of the game.  I prefer a Joe Montana type QB personality.  Play on the field, or how you rep your school or franchise is always open for critique.  A persons looks….face, body shaming or saying they are expendable due to injury is another matter.  

Cam may dress like a pimp, but he’s a very fine looking young man, his dress doesn’t change that, but you continue not seeing the distinction.

I’m not Sam’s mom, and I’ve never championed him over any other QB on the team, or any you could have drafted.  He hasn’t been a good QB, that’s a fact, who is denying that?  Find a post where I’ve said he is the answer at QB for the Carolina Panthers, from my initial post, or mocked a players physical appearance (not clothing, which we all have control of) or made light on any player injury..,,,you won’t find that, about any player in college or playing in the NFL. 

Edited by 1usctrojan

1 hour ago, 1usctrojan said:

Other than not diving for the ball in one of the most important games in the history of any NFL franchise, because he was afraid of getting hurt….not one other comment was about performance as a QB.  Sam’s are all QB performance related.

well, just because this narrative irks me.  If anyone think Cam Newton ever played a down where he let the concern of getting hurt impact his play? Well, you didn't really honestly watch Cam Newton's career. 

Pretty safe bet you can just take Cam's word on that play and what was going through his mind.  His career is pretty clear on the subject. It wasn't fear of a pile of players or injury.