• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Tepper is shorting the stock

Squid Game

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just think he flat out doesn't know what he's doing running an NFL team. Moving money around to make wealthy people even wealthier is a lot different than running a football organization.

There is actually probably more luck involved in successfully running a football team. 

Unlucky teams - No QB. Lucky teams - Good QB. 

He’s trying to force the luck…which kudos to him. I’d rather have an owner who is trying to force the issue and win than an owner who sits back and accepts 8-8 after 8-8 after 8-8…and occasionally makes the playoffs.

He’ll get the formula right eventually. When it happens we’ll find the QB and we’ll roll. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, unicar15 said:

There is actually probably more luck involved in successfully running a football team. 

Unlucky teams - No QB. Lucky teams - Good QB. 

He’s trying to force the luck…which kudos to him. I’d rather have an owner who is trying to force the issue and win than an owner who sits back and accepts 8-8 after 8-8 after 8-8…and occasionally makes the playoffs.

He’ll get the formula right eventually. When it happens we’ll find the QB and we’ll roll. 

Gotta start shopping in the right aisle. You're highly unlikely to find the QB in the bargain bin where we've been shopping the last two years. Paying them too much or trading too much for those bargain bin QBs aren't gonna make them any better.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Gotta start shopping in the right aisle. You're highly unlikely to find the QB in the bargain bin where we've been shopping the last two years. Paying them too much or trading too much for those bargain bin QBs aren't gonna make them any better.

Ok fair enough, but when ppl like me say sell the farm for Watson, I get blow back. So which is it? Are we just looking for a happy medium, or do we need a good qb to get the goddamn job done. Which is very rare to find. Decisions are better understood in hindsight. 

1 minute ago, Datawire said:

Ok fair enough, but when ppl like me say sell the farm for Watson, I get blow back. So which is it? Are we just looking for a happy medium, or do we need a good qb to get the goddamn job done. Which is very rare to find. Decisions are better understood in hindsight. 

I was all in on trading for Watson until... well, you know.