• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This'll piss you off

Khyber53

Just now, hepcat said:

I do think the guys Brady is scheming to be open are his first read. The problem is Darnold is either too slow to process it, or the offense is so predictable that defenses are keying in on those guys now and forcing Darnold to go elsewhere with the ball. Then the pressure gets to him and he's flushed from the pocket and all hell breaks loose. No matter what it is, it's all broken, the offense is as bad as it has been since 2010, and something has to change. It's pathetic.

I heard the announcers several times yesterday saying Sam had nowhere to go with the ball. I have not seen the all 22, but the play calling is pretty predictable and I think that is the main reason we have fallen off a cliff since the cowboys loss. 

Also keeping CMC on a limited snap count but using those snaps for runs up the gut has to be the dumbest poo ever. Use Chuba up the gut, use CMC as a pass catching back with occasional runs. This should be all most need to see to know Brady is an absolute bum. 

Darnold is bad, but a coach like belichek, payton, mcvay. etc could still score with him. We have one TD in 12 quarters. 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, OldhamA said:

LOL, so basically what you're saying is the rookies aren't sensational players right out of the box and this pisses you off?

Everyone last year was a Rhule pick. Hurney was not involved. 

Last year, Hurney was retained just for the sake of the draft. 

And I'm not asking for sensational players, just a couple of decent ones, maybe one good one. 

2 hours ago, amcoolio said:

How is the WFT doing this year? You know, that team with Rivera and Hurney?

Poorly, too. I'm in no way, and have in no way, suggested they should be here. The suggestion is, that as bad as they were, we're in no better and probably worse shape than when they were here.

The old guys were bad at their job. The new guys are terrible at it.

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I don't see where we are trying to put the blame on the draft.  We've had more players take the field from our draft class than any class I can remember.  While most (actually all) aren't going to make the Pro Bowl they have shown flashes that give us hope.

Brown and Christensen I think are because our O-line coah and OC are garbage.  At this point putting Christensen into the fire is probably the best thing we can do.  I had high hopes for Brown and IMO they are putting too much stress on the weight issue. The guy was a bull dozer in college.  They should have given him a shot.  IMO there is no way Christensen can do any worse than what we have seen this season. 

Saying we've had a lot of our draftees out there, more than any year before, isn't much of a compliment considering the quality of work being done.

And Christensen's biggest impact on the field so far is he got a sack. On his own QB. 

33 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I do think the guys Brady is scheming to be open are his first read. The problem is Darnold is either too slow to process it, or the offense is so predictable that defenses are keying in on those guys now and forcing Darnold to go elsewhere with the ball. Then the pressure gets to him and he's flushed from the pocket and all hell breaks loose. No matter what it is, it's all broken, the offense is as bad as it has been since 2010, and something has to change. It's pathetic.

Offense may well be as bad as it has been since 2001.

1 minute ago, Khyber53 said:

2001 was a special kind of malaise. 

The 2001 team had some really close losses and wasn't as bad as people remember them. They lost like 8 one score games or something like that. The 2010 team in opinion is the worst team the Panthers have ever fielded. That offense was completely inept. You knew after the other team scored their first TD the game was over.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, PhillyB said:

what???? no chance. trotting out this O-line is actually the biggest knock against the front office i just defended. teddy looks serviceable because he has a line + less psi holding the two-yard balls back 

Actually, Bridgewater is dealing with similar OLine issues.  They've each played nine games and TB5 has been sacked four more times on fewer pass attempts than Sam.

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Last year, Hurney was retained just for the sake of the draft. 

And I'm not asking for sensational players, just a couple of decent ones, maybe one good one. 

So far, Horn, Nixon Tremble and Hubbard have been decent. Marshall has flashed, but we can't get the ball to our WRs in this offence so he's not had a chance.

I have zero concerns about the level of talent that we brought in from the 2021 NFL Draft.

Hurney did not make any picks in the 2020 Draft. That was a complete 180 to how he's drafted during his time here.