• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Argument against starting Matt Moore...

Zod

I have been on the Jake bandwagon for a long time. I always believed he still had what it took to lead this team. We have to go 6-0 to finish 10-6. The odds are very slim we win all those games after that performance last night. We should give Matt Moore the opportunity to see if he can guide this team. Give him the opportunity to run this team in some meaningful games. If he shows his poise, gives us the opportunity to win then he deserves to be the incumbent going into the 2010 season. Somewhere along the line Jake will have to give up the reins of this team. I think now is the best time. Jake still has worth to this team. Helping Moore, being a team player and standing by a decision could help make a transition to a new QB good.

Jake your the man but I think it is time to let Matt Moore run the show.

Go Panthers

Cause Fox is hoping a 7-9 season saves his job and Jake gives him the best chance at doing that :crazy:

The sad thing is I really dont see what difference its going to make. I dont know what anybody has seen in Moore to think he is the answer. What saddens me the most is the QB of the future for this team is NOT currently on the roster. I guess it would make the games more interesting if Moore started....... I would have much rather seen what McCown could have done here, but Fox/Hurney panicked and stuck him on IR.

I don't think I like the idea of resting our best talent (Dwill) because we are losing. I still would like to try to win every game the rest of this season. 8-8 or 9-7 would be great. Put the best talent on the field and play to win the game. It's not like we have a first round pick to play for anyway. Deangelo would have scored had he been in on the goal line offense during that first series. Give your best player the ball.
:rolleye: I ain't saying bench Dwill and stewart for the season. I am saying let Moore be QB and give him a chance. Reduce Dwill carries a little bit and give stewart a few carries and add in Goodson along with that. So we don't risk Dwill getting so tired and body gets so tired that out no where he tears his MCl during a play. And you say we play to win. Hmm I wheather say loss the rest of the games and give JR the reason to fire fox. Because at this point most fans are wanting Fox out now any way. Winning only keeps fox here another year and another year of Jake and Fox moron misteaks. I don't think running Dwill into the ground at this point is worth him getting seriouly injuried.

Cause Fox is hoping a 7-9 season saves his job and Jake gives him the best chance at doing that :crazy:

The sad thing is I really dont see what difference its going to make. I dont know what anybody has seen in Moore to think he is the answer. What saddens me the most is the QB of the future for this team is NOT currently on the roster. I guess it would make the games more interesting if Moore started....... I would have much rather seen what McCown could have done here, but Fox/Hurney panicked and stuck him on IR.

2-1 as start in 2007. Enough said my friend.

I'm going to say what I did in another thread last night.

Tampa Bay, Tennessee, San Francisco have all had the balls to change QB's when their starters have stunck it up. Since then each of these teams have seem improvements in their offenses because they took the chance to at the very least see what their backups could do. We are not Cleveland. Cleveland KNOWS that their two starting QB's stink. We KNOW Jake Delhomme sucks. We don't KNOW if Matt Moore does. Fox we simply want you to prove us wrong. We;ve given Jake more opportunites than he deserves. Matt Moore hasn't recieved a real chance. Coming into the game because Jake got hurt isn't enough. He needs a full practice schedule with our starters.

I'm going to say what I did in another thread last night.

Tampa Bay, Tennessee, San Francisco have all had the balls to change QB's when their starters have stunck it up. Since then each of these teams have seem improvements in their offenses because they took the chance to at the very least see what their backups could do. We are not Cleveland. Cleveland KNOWS that their two starting QB's stink. We KNOW Jake Delhomme sucks. We don't KNOW if Matt Moore does. Fox we simply want you to prove us wrong. We;ve given Jake more opportunites than he deserves. Matt Moore hasn't recieved a real chance. Coming into the game because Jake got hurt isn't enough. He needs a full practice schedule with our starters.

Point made. Some people think Just because more was moved to 3rd string during the start of the season that moore is no good. But fact is Fox knows moore will out shine Jake right now if he had the chance. but the only thing is Fox is to scared to take that chance. So like some people have said already on here. Fox is just riding Jake to the unemployment line. If fox get canned by JR. Don't expect fox to get another Hc job anytime soon. he might go back to been a DC. But he will never be a Hc again. Are no time soon.

Starting Moore doesn't really have to do with Jake's last game, I think it's more of the fact that Jake is older and he doesn't have what it takes. Since the season is over, we may as well see what we have and if Moore isn't the anwser, move on. With our running game we can let a QB get experience and not have to shoulder the weight (if we had the right coaches).

Now if I was John Fox, I wouldn't start Moore at all, because that would prove that I feel Jake is done and doesn't have what it takes. This in essense would mean I've been wrong this entire year (and maybe the year before). This wouldn't look good for my job.

In a parallel comparison....Godfrey was stinking the joint up something awful, gets injured, and whoa we find out Sherod Martin is a BALLER! Whatever had been seen of Sherod Martin in practice/preseason/limited snaps had given the coaches the impression that Godfrey was a better start. They had no idea they were wrong until Martin was forced into action by a Godfrey injury.

Doesn't it stand to reason that the same possibility exists with Moore?

So you're telling me we occupied a roster spot with Moore for this long and have no confidence in him?

Either way you look at this leads you to the conclusion that Fox and Hurney are stupid. If they have too much pride or emotional attachment to Jake to bench him after 14 int's, that's stupid... if they've been taking up a roster spot for 3 years with a guy they have this little confidence in, that's stupid.

In this league, it's all about the QB - that's the one position you have to try and be secure at. There's NO EXCUSE for finding yourself in a position where your starting QB is playing this poorly but you leave him out there because you don't think you have anything better.

If I was Moore, I would ship out of here the first chance I got.

So you're telling me we occupied a roster spot with Moore for this long and have no confidence in him?

Either way you look at this leads you to the conclusion that Fox and Hurney are stupid. If they have too much pride or emotional attachment to Jake to bench him after 14 int's, that's stupid... if they've been taking up a roster spot for 3 years with a guy they have this little confidence in, that's stupid.

In this league, it's all about the QB - that's the one position you have to try and be secure at. There's NO EXCUSE for finding yourself in a position where your starting QB is playing this poorly but you leave him out there because you don't think you have anything better.

If I was Moore, I would ship out of here the first chance I got.

It's all about pride. See my post above. They don't want to admit they were wrong even though it would be better for this franchise in the long run.

For this season, it makes no difference.

Knowing what we have this offseason and proceeding accordingly toward next season starting Moore makes a lot of sense.

But until we're mathematically eliminated from playoff contention Fox will tell you: "Jake gives us the best chance to win".

The irony of this quote is that it's an indictment of Fox's competency. If a guy that has thrown 14 interceptions by week 11 is the best thing you've got at QB, it means you have failed.

Archived