• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Future Raiders/Chiefs/Rams?

tarheelblue89

Are we going to become a franchise that is going to take more than 5-10 years to rebuild?

I am a believer that this was just a bad year, and we will back in the playoffs next year, but after seeing last night, after seeing the awful play calling, after seeing the offensive line look like a bunch of school girls, and after seeing that Defense just completely shut down....I have no idea where this franchise is heading.

I normally keep my thoughts to myself regarding the Panthers on this board, but this was just my tiny way of putting my opinions out there.

I think we have too much young talent to go completely in the tank. Now if they get rid of Fox and the new regime comes in and cleans house (which would be stupid), you never know. If we do have a coaching change, they will be inheriting a team that has a hell of a core to build upon.

Think about it...if you're a new coach at Carolina next season, you are coming to a team with:

Deangelo Williams

Johnathan Stewart

Jeff Otah

Jordan Gross

Steve Smith

John Beason

Thomas Davis

Julius Peppers (possibly)

Sherod Martin (looks like a great talent)

That's a heck of a group to build a team around without even mentioning guys like Kalil, Gamble, Harris, etc.

We have better ownership than those teams you mentioned. So I believe it won't take as long as those other teams to rebuild when we poo the bed. This thread is going a bit too far, we have a good team I believe, just a few pieces away from being a real winner.

Like I said, I truly believe this was just one of those seasons, but there are too many questions on this team. So many that I don't know what the future is going to hold for this franchise.

Think about it...if you're a new coach at Carolina next season, you are coming to a team with:

Deangelo Williams

Johnathan Stewart

Jeff Otah

Jordan Gross

Steve Smith

John Beason

Thomas Davis

Julius Peppers (possibly)

Sherod Martin (looks like a great talent)

That's a heck of a group to build a team around without even mentioning guys like Kalil, Gamble, Harris, etc.

Totally agree. You can plug in a few pieces and do well.

Are we going to become a franchise that is going to take more than 5-10 years to rebuild?

I don't buy that for a second.

There is a foundation to build on here. The right moves could put this team back in contention in a maximum of three years.

(and most likely less than that)

there is a foundation to build on here. The right moves put this team back in contention in a maximum of three years (and most likely less than that).

Exactly, we have at least one guy with All-Pro level potential/talent at every level except QB and TE right now. And to tell you the truth, Gary Barnidge is not far away from being a stud TE IMO.

QB: Nothing

RB: Deangelo and J Stew

O-Line: Gross, Otah, Kalil

WR: Smith

TE: Barnidge

DE: Peppers

LB: Beason, Davis

DB: Gamble

S: Martin

How many 4-6 or worse teams are sitting in this type of shape right now. I'm convinced we are a good QB, WR, and DL away from kicking ass.

Any time you need to replace your QB and possibly the coaching staff, you're rebuilding.

Not necessarily. The Bucs won the Super Bowl after a coaching transition. We'd just need to do a better job of picking the next coach than they did (seeing as Gruden was largely crap after that one season with Dungy's players).

There is a foundation to build on here. The right moves could put this team back in contention in a maximum of three years.

(and most likely less than that)

Agreed!! That starts by firing coach fox and letting go of Jake and finding a QB who can do the Job. And get a few good WRs who can help out smith. then we are on again.:Angel_anim:

Any time you need to replace your QB and possibly the coaching staff, you're rebuilding.

Well depends how you look at it. Rebuilding to me would get rid of some core slightly older players... Smith for example, and tell your fans, hey it's gonna be two years before we make a playoff push. I don't care what coach comes in if any or what QB starts next year, if different, I expect this team to be expecting playoffs.

Archived