• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where is this 'win now' mentality coming from?

Ivan The Awesome

38 minutes ago, OceanPanther said:

I'm not sure if fans can visualize how much a couple of  BILLION is. 

1000  Million , is a billion

So do you really think the pocket change or dollar bills needed to pay these 3 , is a concern for  David Tepper.

The only time we should worry about his spending is in the discussion of Cap Space.  And after watching the Saints for years, let's face it, there are ways around everything to do anything..

It goes against the cap space...

1 hour ago, OceanPanther said:

I'm not sure if fans can visualize how much a couple of  BILLION is. 

1000  Million , is a billion

So do you really think the pocket change or dollar bills needed to pay these 3 , is a concern for  David Tepper.

The only time we should worry about his spending is in the discussion of Cap Space.  And after watching the Saints for years, let's face it, there are ways around everything to do anything..

Bingo.

If I handed you $1 every second of every day it would be the year 2053 before your pile hit $1 billion...

...and the year 2469 before your pile was as big as Tepper's.

Solving complex financial/mathematical problems is Tepper's core competency, he doesn't even need a spreadsheet to calculate something so simple as  "Cap Space"...

...he's constantly calculating a real-time running total in his head at all times.

Edited by SizzleBuzz

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2021 at 8:01 PM, ForJimmy said:

Imagine what our defense would be if they could actually rest with our offense extending plays, or didn’t have to defend short fields from offensive turnovers. Our defense is very talented this year, especially with Gilmore back there and Shaq getting healthier. 

On 11/11/2021 at 8:02 PM, CRA said:

We have the #2 ranked defense.  And we managed that while playing horrific offense.     Which is an amazing feat. 

what do you want to call our defense if not top 5? 

I wasn’t even talking playoffs.  I’m just saying you can’t really have CMC and a top 5 D and suck badly….and just get away with it.   If your QB play is that bad that it implodes that to a 5 win season….well, that is a front office imploding a season IMO.    Most teams in the NFL have 2 QBs better than Sam.    Front office has more than just egg on its face. 

On 11/11/2021 at 9:00 PM, Moo Daeng said:

Regardless of what you feel we are 2 in yds per game and 7 in pts per

On 11/11/2021 at 8:47 PM, Evil Hurney said:

Weak bottom half of the NFC means you only need 8-9 wins to get the 7 seed. Our top 5 defense and an average offense is good enough to achieve that.

Once you are in the playoffs anything can happen.

Any of you want to change/adjust your "top 5" D given the last two games?? Elite Tua and Heinke no-lubed them while Scary Terry and Waddle waited their turns.... 3rd in line was what ever RB getting 8 yards a clip.... 

I'll stick with my "feelings"......may have change it form 12ish few spots later.....but I'll remain...for now.