• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What’s going on in Greensboro?

MichaelNewtonII

LiAngelo ball had 3 minutes tonight in the greensboro swarm game. He had a great first game and has consistently had minutes cut since and it is starting to make me wonder if he’s being given a fair shot. Let’s look at his first 3 games before this game tonight having 3 minutes. 

Game 1: 24min 9/13 FG 4/7 3PM 22PT (led team in +/- at +12)
Game 2: 13min 3/6FG 1/2 3PM 7PT (led team in +/- at +20)
Game 3: 13min 3/6FG 1/2 3PM 8PT (-17 +/- only one player was positive (dj carton +1)) 

for someone to be shooting over 50% from the field and downtown while leading the entire team in +/- to be losing minutes rather than gaining them is beyond me. It’s not like the players logging more minutes than him at his position are playing even better to where it is warranted in fact they are playing worse let’s compare stats of LiAngelo and 2 other forwards logging more minutes:

LiAngelo Ball 17mpg 12.3ppg 60%FG 54%3P +5 +/-

Xavier Sneed 23.3mpg 8.1ppg 36%FG 28%3P -5.7 +/-

Cam McGriff: 20.9mpg 9.3ppg 45%FG 22%3P 3 +/-

This worries me what is going on because if the swarm aren’t giving LiAngelo a fair shot based on his performance I think that could rub lamelo the wrong way as he is extremely loyal to his family. Wouldn’t want this influencing any contract decisions negatively for our franchise player because we wouldn’t give his brother time in the minor leagues when he was playing well.

I heard a crazy/but maybe true theory.

If this person was correct, a GLeague player can be picked up by any NBA team if they're balling out.

The theory is they know who he is, exactly what he can do but due to his G league contract as it stands (he entered the G League draft thus limiting the Hornets) they are trying to develop him without him getting himself poached by another NBA team.

• Pie 4

4 hours ago, rippadonn said:

I heard a crazy/but maybe true theory.

If this person was correct, a GLeague player can be picked up by any NBA team if they're balling out.

The theory is they know who he is, exactly what he can do but due to his G league contract as it stands (he entered the G League draft thus limiting the Hornets) they are trying to develop him without him getting himself poached by another NBA team.

This is what I was thinking...  it's because they know he can play, so they're trying to limit his exposure so they don't lose him.

• Pie 1

• 2 weeks later...

Guess we knew the silence wouldn’t last

LaVar Ball went off on the NBA club in an interview with TMZ Sports for keeping his son out of the big leagues. "They don't understand what they got," Ball said. "They need to let my boy go ahead and play."

"I dropped them a superstar in the G League and they don't know what to do with him," he continued. Of course, there is little evidence suggesting that is true. LiAngelo Ball has averaged just 9.3 points per game for Greensboro, and while there have been highs like his 22-point outing against the Birmingham Squadron, his most recent game against the Rio Grande Valley Vipers saw him go scoreless. While Ball's G League career is still young, his failure to make a consistent mark there thus far doesn't exactly scream future NBA star.