• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we sneak into the playoffs...

TheRumGone

1 minute ago, joemac said:

He’s been a breath of fresh air for us. What a player. We have GOT to resign him in the off-season. Honestly it should be pretty easy. He’s home and his wife is home and she seems pretty damn stoked to be living in Charlotte again, hell she graduated from Providence after all!

I can see us giving him a new deal he's super excited to be here and he mentioned he always wanted to play here

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, joemac said:

He’s been a breath of fresh air for us. What a player. We have GOT to resign him in the off-season. Honestly it should be pretty easy. He’s home and his wife is home and she seems pretty damn stoked to be living in Charlotte again, hell she graduated from Providence after all!

He's got a ring, his wife is happy, got the grandparents around to watch the kids, 20 min drive to work. Why would he take a couple extra million to live in a hotel or apartment for another team

3 minutes ago, 95Panthers4Ever said:

I highly doubt we do that especially with Scott in office and Tepper having tons of money this guy is relentless and wants to win as bad as we do but given our dumb ass history player decision making you never know

He'll get paid but would be willing to make it cap friendly, maybe a big bonus or whatever. D Jax is great but he's gotta take the most guaranteed while he's young and healthy. Keith Taylor is ballin, Horn will be back, AJ has another year. So Gilmore and Haason/Shaq the only big money vets on this D is a pretty great situation

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, 95Panthers4Ever said:

fug Dallas..... between trash Darnold and the refs taking the momentum out of our defense we didn't have a fair fight not taking nothing from Dallas just saying

Dallas looking like a second seed…losing their best DE will hurt.  They are amazing on offense but only decent on defense.  They have gotten turnovers on defense at an amazing rate.  

Diggs has been an amazing draft pick for them.  Dude is crazy

Edited by Shocker

4 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

He'll get paid but would be willing to make it cap friendly, maybe a big bonus or whatever. D Jax is great but he's gotta take the most guaranteed while he's young and healthy. Keith Taylor is ballin, Horn will be back, AJ has another year. So Gilmore and Haason/Shaq the only big money vets on this D is a pretty great situation

Not sure about Hasson's deal and we can pick up Henderson option just like to have all of them if possible depth at that position is a premium

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Dallas looking like a second seed…losing their best DE will hurt.  They are amazing on offense but only decent on defense.  They have gotten turnovers on defense at an amazing rate.  

Diggs has been an amazing draft pick for them.  Dude is amazing 

I agree with that but let's be honest Dallas will find a way to lose especially in the playoffs

2 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Nobody is gonna want to play this defense.

I really feel like this team is built to make a run IF we make it in. The pass rush, this secondary and shaq playing out of his damn mind. Gilmore has completely erased whoever he lines up against. If cmc can stay healthy and cam manages the game well we can be dangerous. I know it’s early but these are the types of defenses that wreck top seeded opponents in playoff games. Gotta make it there first but fun to think about. 

Yup 💯.  And it's why I keep saying had Darnold even been below average at QB, we would either be 8-1 or 9-0.  All the games we lost, especially Dallas, we couldn't score offensively which allowed the other team to run on us because they weren't under pressure to match our production, bc there was none.  If we're able to get up, or even score early, the other team can't slow the game down and run, which our defense isn't as great at stopping as we are the pass.  Now with Cam, we can play to our strengths.  

As I said previously, Cam doesn't have to be 2015 Cam.  2020 Cam could put up MVP numbers with this supporting cast, and is plenty good enough to produce enough offense for us to win every game with the dominance of the defense we have.  These are truly exciting times.

• Pie 1