• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Check OUt These Dolphin Game Stats

KatsAzz

Let's take a look at some stats from the Panthers vs Dolphin games and see what we come up with.

Miami- Delhomme throws 42 times, they run 25...D-Will had a 9.4 per carry avg. Panthers LOSE.

Atlanta - Delhomme throws 24 times, they run 34 times J-Stew had a 7.5 per carry avg, and scored 2 td's. Panther WIN.

Arizona - Delhomme throws 14 times, they run 40 times...D-Will has 7 yards per carry avg. J-Stew runs for 2 tds. Panthers WIN.

Buffalo - Delhomme throws 44 times, they run 25 times, D-Will has a 5.5 yards per carry avg. Panthers LOSE.

Here's some more stats for you. The Panthers got the ball after Miami scored with about a minute left in the first half. In the two minute offense, the Panthers threw 5 passes 0 runs - makes perfect sense to me.

With about 7 and a half minutes left Miami kicked a field goal to take the lead 17-6 - a two possession game. A definite passing situation.

Jake threw 7 passes and there were 2 runs on that td drive.

Behind 24-14 with just under 4 minutes left, Jake threw 9 passes and ran the ball twice on the fg drive. With about 40 seconds left, down 24-17 Jake threw 5 passes with 0 runs on that drive - clocking the ball is counted as an imcomplete pass.

So, there's 26 passes and 4 runs in situations where throwing the ball on almost every play is REQUIRED,

Doing the math, if you remove the 5 passes in the last minute of the half, 21 runs and 16 passes had netted a total of 6 points.

You don't lose the game because you throw 40 passes. You throw 40 passes because you are losing the game.

Thank you. It gets annoying when people bring up how when Jake thows more than we run we lose. But they don't think about the why.

Yea I mean if our line blocked like all pros every play we wouldn't need to throw the ball. But god forbid Jake actually having to make plays.

In other news:

Deangelo Williams is the fuging man.

lets look at the red zone on the first drive, delhomme 3 incomplete passes, 0 runs, we kick field goal and set the tone for the game, if we ran, we would have scored 6 not 3

Bingo. I have no problem with Jake throwing enough between the 20's to keep the defense honest, but for cryin out loud, this is a running team, and running teams score most of their points by running it in the red zone. There is no need for them to try to be something they're not. I don't care if the other team puts 8-9 in the box either, because they have successfully run the ball against 8-9 in the box plenty of times. That's what they do best.

Archived