• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Myles Turner

Shocker

Thought it would worthy to talk about how much the Hornets should consider giving up to get Myles Turner.  He feels like an up and coming player and a perfect fit with what this team needs.  Question is what can we offer to wrestle him away from the Pacers?

Them taking Hayward will be a tough sell.  Hayward is a good player but his deal is bad with his injury history.  I don’t want to include Bouknight but we have to offer something substantial here.

Would anyone consider this trade?

Hornets get Myles Turner and Jeremy Lamb

Pacers get Gordon Hayward, James Bouknight and the Hornets 2023 first rounder and a future Hornets conditional first rounder.

Really steep price but I would seriously consider it

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I wouldn't include Bouknight in any trades. I would send PJ though since McDaniels, Oubre, Miles, Richards, Vern, and Jones can all play his same position(s)/role.

Yeah but from a Pacers perspective I don't do a deal with PJ in there.  He is solid but I want to account for Myles upside to become a star.  He already is defending IMO.

3 hours ago, Shocker said:

Lets assume Hayward doesn’t fit their rebuild…feels like they would want something like Bouknight, Plumlee and a first rounder.  Not sure that would be enough TBH

No chance I trade a player of Gordon’s caliber for Myles Turner. Even with his bloated contract. He is too important to this young team currently. 

If we are talking Sabonis, that’s a completely different conversation.

Myles Turner is basically PJ if he was 4 to 5 inches taller. PJ is sacrificing stats to help the team currently. He’s clearly not a five and isn’t as good as Bridges who’s taken control of the starting 4 spot. 

PJ fits really well next to Sabonis on the Pacers and Turner is a much better fit at the 5 for the Hornets.

PJ + Plumlee/Mcdaniels and a first is about all I’d be willing to give up for Turner and that’s just because decent 7footers are way more valuable than 3 and D stretch 4s currently.

Ideally I would have loved to get a guy like Jarrett Allen but unfortunately we couldn’t get involved last year to help facilitate the Harden trade.

• Pie 1

Shams Charania

@ShamsCharania
· 4h
Sources: The Indiana Pacers are moving toward rebuild, receptive to trade talks centered on Caris LeVert and either Domantas Sabonis or Myles Turner.

Mason Plumlee currently has a better Defensive Rating than both Myles Turner and Domantas Sabonis. Not saying that alone should determine a deal, but the Hornets aren’t hurting for offense.