• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nobody talking about Minshew?

BurnNChinn

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

I agree.. Still don't want to act like Tribusky, Minshew or whatever backup QB you ppl come up with are good..

I don't think anyone is trying to argue that they're "good". They were simply far more palatable options than the options we ultimately chose, primarily due to the reality that we would've had way loess resources invested in them.

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Teddy is the same pedestrian player he was with us, just on a bit better of a team. He's always going to be one of those marginal starter/good backup types. Kinda like Minshew.

Teddy can actually work the Game manager thing to a winning season.. That's the difference between him Darnold, Trubisky and Minshew.. All who proven they can't even be consistent at that..

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think anyone is trying to argue that they're "good". They were simply far more palatable options than the options we ultimately chose, primarily due to the reality that we would've had way loess resources invested in them.

Yes palatable "being" your still a losing team with no future at QB but you keep the compensations from sorry Darnold deal.. I agree.. But they still suck they aren't franchise QB so stop lusting for them to be our QB.. 

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Yes palatable "being" your still a losing team with no future at QB but you keep the compensations from sorry Darnold deal.. I agree.. But they still suck they aren't franchise QB so stop lusting for them to be our QB.. 

You gotta stop overstating things. No one is "lusting" after these guys. We just didn't want to spend all those resources pursuing trash. Myself and many others said this all along. Why Panthers brass thought Teddy and Darnold would prove to be something other than what they'd always proven to be I have no clue, especially when guys who have played better were available for way less.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You gotta stop overstating things. No one is "lusting" after these guys. We just didn't want to spend all those resources pursuing trash. Myself and many others said this all along. Why Panthers brass thought Teddy and Darnold would prove to be something other than what they'd always proven to be I have no clue, especially when guys who have played better were available for way less.

You're making threads about them why??

Why even have a discussion about other trash QBs???

This thread was a attempt to be "I told you so" Bs about a garbage QB winning a game.. lol

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

12 INTs, 6 fumbles. Teddy last year? 11 INTs and 6 fumbles, but 9 fewer TDs.

Teddy last year 1st year on a new team (new coaches,)  with no offseason (pandemic) season with the youngest defense in the league during a rebuild..

Context..

Trubisky 2018 had a year in the system with a top 5 defense..

Difference..