• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brady Christensen to start at Guard this week

BlitzMonster

5 minutes ago, Martin said:

Looks like Brady is starting at RG, wouldn’t it make more sense to start him at LG (and I know, nothing about this makes sense). I was thinking at least keep him on the left side. For those of you who understand O-Line, wouldn’t it be easier for him to transition to LG, instead of RG, from LT, or does it not matter?

I've read numerous OL guys say the transition from R to L (or vice versa) is actually much more difficult that it would initially appear.

If you've played on one side on the line for many years, when you get switched every instinct you have is completely wrong.  Those decisions you have to make in just fractions of a second take a little longer since you're translating what you're doing for your body.   Maybe if you've been playing for many years it's not so bad but much more difficult for rookies or other young players.

That's why playing Christensen at RG is incredibly stupid.  Rhule is using him like he's a 10 year pro, not a rookie still trying to learn the game (which he is).  Rhule is actually hurting Christensen's development by moving him to so many positions.  Just put him at one hecking spot and leave him there in his rookie year !!!  How hecking much of an idiot do you have to be not to understand that ??

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

I've read numerous OL guys say the transition from R to L (or vice versa) is actually much more difficult that it would initially appear.

If you've played on one side on the line for many years, when you get switched every instinct you have is completely wrong.  Those decisions you have to make in just fractions of a second take a little longer since you're translating what you're doing for your body.   Maybe if you've been playing for many years it's not so bad but much more difficult for rookies or other young players.

That's why playing Christensen at RG is incredibly stupid.  Rhule is using him like he's a 10 year pro, not a rookie still trying to learn the game (which he is).  Rhule is actually hurting Christensen's development by moving him to so many positions.  Just put him at one hecking spot and leave him there in his rookie year !!!  How hecking much of an idiot do you have to be not to understand that ??

That’s what I was thinking as well, I appreciate the insight. I also like the idea of his athleticism at LG and pair him with an athletic LT in the draft. I’d rather put a mauling guard next to Moton.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Martin said:

That’s what I was thinking as well, I appreciate the insight. I also like the idea of his athleticism at LG and pair him with an athletic LT in the draft. I’d rather put a mauling guard next to Moton.

The Panthers OL is currently tailor made to have super athletic Brady Christensen at LG and huge mauler Deonte Brown at RG.    

Rhule, do the obvious thing and put them there !!!! 

• Pie 1