Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

  • panthers-redskins-1.jpg

Here vs. There....


Anybodyhome
 Share

Recommended Posts

So, the Canes lost a tough one Sunday night. Hey, they're down 2 top defensemen and their top scorer was out with an illness. It's been a week of late night hockey games as the western Canada road trip winds down, so I missed the second half of the game last night.

But, what I find refreshing and important is when the Canes lose a game, it's not the end of the world and this board doesn't fill up with pages of threads calling for coaches to be fired, trade players, cut players, stop going to games, stop watching games, stop caring about the team, burn down the stadium, etc. like another message board does here on a weekly basis. 

Thank you all for remaining civil, remaining calm and enjoying the game. Thanks for supporting the Canes and keeping a positive attitude going forward, knowing they're going to lose a game on occasion.

I'll lurk and occasionally post something sarcastic on the Panthers board, but it's gotten as toxic and nasty as the Tinderbox.

It's a game, folks.

  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Wes Mantooth said:

Do we know the status of Pesce and TDA for the Minnesota game? Would hope they can rejoin the team now that we're back on the right side of the border.

They are both out of the league's protocol and can rejoin the team, however they were quarantined and, much like Ethan Bear was confined to a hotel room in San Jose and didn't have his legs back for a couple days after being released, TDA and Pesce might be the same. That being said, I don't know when they were officially released from protocol and there's a chance they've been on the ice for a couple days while the Canada trip was wrapping up for the rest of the team. 

  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Wes Mantooth said:

Do we know the status of Pesce and TDA for the Minnesota game? Would hope they can rejoin the team now that we're back on the right side of the border.

They are scheduled to be there and play according to the beat writers via the teams PR. We’ll need them especially if Aho is out again. 

  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

They are both out of the league's protocol and can rejoin the team, however they were quarantined and, much like Ethan Bear was confined to a hotel room in San Jose and didn't have his legs back for a couple days after being released, TDA and Pesce might be the same. That being said, I don't know when they were officially released from protocol and there's a chance they've been on the ice for a couple days while the Canada trip was wrapping up for the rest of the team. 

They’ve been out for a week almost. But since Canada has 14 days they couldn’t travel there until Yesterday and I think Rod was like, eh, just let them meet us down in Minnesota. So ya I imagine they have been getting some training time down in Carolina. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

They’ve been out for a week almost. But since Canada has 14 days they couldn’t travel there until Yesterday and I think Rod was like, eh, just let them meet us down in Minnesota. So ya I imagine they have been getting some training time down in Carolina. 

I remember seeing they were out of protocol and training, having both back would be a huge boost on Tuesday night. 

Once both are ultimately back, do we see Chatfield staying up for most of the rest of the season? Him and Lajoie have been impressive in their time up, but Chatfield seems like he'd be a great fit on a 3rd D-line pairing on occasion. 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Wes Mantooth said:

I remember seeing they were out of protocol and training, having both back would be a huge boost on Tuesday night. 

Once both are ultimately back, do we see Chatfield staying up for most of the rest of the season? Him and Lajoie have been impressive in their time up, but Chatfield seems like he'd be a great fit on a 3rd D-line pairing on occasion. 

I’m not really sure what we are gonna do with Chatfield, can do, even. He’s not going to make it through waivers right now. He’s also apparently injured. I missed it last night so we might be able to IR him. We want Chatfield vs. speedier teams but Smith against division rivals, bruisers where we are going to need another enforcer. 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Chatfield has 7 games with the Canes now. Not sure how that plays into the mess, but can't he be reassigned to Chicago?

I’m not sure if he has an exemption that allows him to skip waivers when sent down to the AHL or not. I think he has three more games until he has to pass waivers when getting sent down but I’m not positive. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Chatfield has 7 games with the Canes now. Not sure how that plays into the mess, but can't he be reassigned to Chicago?

Also, what the heck are the plans for Jake Gardiner? He's costing this team $4M  this year and next.

I think Gardiner is on LTIR so he isn't counting against our cap this year (I may be totally wrong).

Next year, totally different story.

On another note I think the team did better than I expected without Pesce and TDA out and then of course Aho missing last night.  Calgary has had games postponed now due to a Covid outbreak and we just played them last week.....hope they kept that stuff to themselves!

  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

I think Gardiner is on LTIR so he isn't counting against our cap this year (I may be totally wrong).

Next year, totally different story.

On another note I think the team did better than I expected without Pesce and TDA out and then of course Aho missing last night.  Calgary has had games postponed now due to a Covid outbreak and we just played them last week.....hope they kept that stuff to themselves!

He’s not counting this year. But we are going to have to buy him our sooner or later. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

I think Gardiner is on LTIR so he isn't counting against our cap this year (I may be totally wrong).

Next year, totally different story.

On another note I think the team did better than I expected without Pesce and TDA out and then of course Aho missing last night.  Calgary has had games postponed now due to a Covid outbreak and we just played them last week.....hope they kept that stuff to themselves!

Ya if Aho gets stuck in Canada it’s gonna suck. 

  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...