• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we tear it all down again how long would it take...

PanthersGOATFan336

2 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Yes I did this scenario in the "Ideal off season thread" posted by doc if you want to see that.

We're still stuck with Sam for $18,000,000, so send his ass out there in 2022. I know that sounds crazy, but we need to draft his replacement in 2023. Pick a LT in the upcoming draft. We need a lot of losses to be in position to draft our QB of the future. Sam either plays well behind a better o-line and we're set, or he poops the bed and we draft a top 5 or 10 QB and his money is off the books. That should be the plan

My man.  Great minds think alike.   Even if sam plays decent (8 wins or so, and typing that even makes me laugh) then we still have the possibility of trading up for a guy we like.  We dont have that luxury this draft. 

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

We're still stuck with Sam for $18,000,000, so send his ass out there in 2022. I know that sounds crazy, but we need to draft his replacement in 2023. Pick a LT in the upcoming draft. We need a lot of losses to be in position to draft our QB of the future. Sam either plays well behind a better o-line and we're set, or he poops the bed and we draft a top 5 or 10 QB and his money is off the books. That should be the plan

My man.  Great minds think alike.   Even if sam plays decent (8 wins or so, and typing that even makes me laugh) then we still have the possibility of trading up for a guy we like.  We dont have that luxury this draft. 

But god only knows what Rhule will do. The Panthers fan base should be holding it's collective breath as soon as trading resumes in March and all the way through to the draft.

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

But god only knows what Rhule will do. The Panthers fan base should be holding it's collective breath as soon as trading resumes in March and all the way through to the draft.

I think without a shadow of a doubt left unchecked Rhule will go Pickett.  That way he can lean on the rookie qb excuse.  Meanwhile Pickett is in traction around game 4-5. 

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I think without a shadow of a doubt left unchecked Rhule will go Pickett.  That way he can lean on the rookie qb excuse.  Meanwhile Pickett is in traction around game 4-5. 

To pass on Fields and later take Pickett sounds just like something Rhule might pull out of his ass.

• Pie 1

Just now, pantherj said:

To pass on Fields and later take Pickett sounds just like something Rhule might pull out of his ass.

Cant wait to watch him tonight.  I have seen the bulk of his games this year and yeah he has struggled a bit but every game there are about 4-5 plays that make you go "oh yeah, he is the real deal once he gets some real coaching and experience"

Need 5 offensive players to build around... Panthers have Cam and CMC.

Need 4 defensive players to build around... Chinn at SS and Thompson at OLB

Need a HC that can compete with the best coaches in the NFL

Need a coach who can fill in 5 critical pieces and the Panthers  can be competitive in 2 years.

The one thing the Panthers have plenty of is top talent in role players. Just not the core and leadership to be a champion.

With quality coaching, they need to build the oline and draft a QB really. Easier said than done but there is t a long check list and coaching is at the top so that in of itself should give us .500.

And yes, some pieces here and there and no I’m not talking SB I’m just talking playoffs but that’s where it all starts.