• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB Competition Next Year

KillaCamNewton

3 hours ago, KillaCamNewton said:

Am I the only one that doesnt think its the worst idea to let Cam and Darnold compete for the job next year, assuming we can shape up the OLine and actually get a competent coaching staff? We already have to pay Darnold next year and both QBs have not been the most durable anyways so likely whoever doesnt win the starting job will probably still have to start some games anyway

coaching, scheme, supporting talent, and OLine matters. Cam has never had all those things at once, and Darnold has really never had any of them. 

the last 2 years have shown me anybody behind this OLine with these coaches will struggle, why reach on a QB this year and get the same results instead of possibly getting a couple lineman that can be here for 10 years? We also arent getting rid of CMC’s contract so might as well run it back with him too. I dont buy that hes all of a sudden injury prone, anyone is spraining their ankle when a 300lb lineman falls on it

I’ll take “QB’s not currently on our Roster” for $1000, Alex.

answer: The Daily Double