• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Only Coaching topic from me..

WOW!!

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

What you call a career killer I call a opportunity... I'm sorry you loss faith but I still feel with better coaching this could be a team that wins consistently so let's agree to disagree.. END OF THE STORY!!

This team is not ready to win consistently lol, not even with those coaches. We have to do what Tepper said from the beginning actually rebuild.

1 minute ago, DamnItJake! said:

The feeling I get is we are stuck with Rhule one more year as much as we want him gone!! Rhule is probably crying to Tepper about not having this or that!! I know for one I will cancel my Sunday ticket if he’s kept which I have had for over 18 years 

I get the same feeling.. I was just Expressing my opinion on the kind of coach I hope Tepper would look for if things were different.. I'm done with coaching and fo discussion after this until something happens..

3 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

This team is not ready to win consistently lol, not even with those coaches. We have to do what Tepper said from the beginning actually rebuild.

Agree to disagree.. I think this defense with a consistent offense is ready to win .. And with a offseason of Oline building and maybe finding a true Game manager QB.. We could Atleast win consistently enough to be in the playoffs hunt all season... And 2 season from getting a QB to put us over the hurdle to being real contenders.. Jmo

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I get the same feeling.. I was just Expressing my opinion on the kind of coach I hope Tepper would look for if things were different.. I'm done with coaching and fo discussion after this until something happens..

It sucks after all the years !! Fox wasn’t bad .. we would have won the Super Bowl if Kasay hadn’t kicked it to the sidelines vs the Patriots!! Grr!!  Fox to me was a great coach but refused to change which hurt him!!

I've never been a fan of Harbaugh and there is no way Pittsburgh lets Tomlin leave the steel city.

My criteria is No College Coach.  They've shown over and over they don't pan out.  Sure there have been a few but overall most hires don't work.

If we can't land solid coordinators I am all in on the protégé option.  Guys that have been assistance coaches under the best minds in the game.   I can't name any but I am sure they are out there.   

13 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Agree to disagree.. I think this defense with a consistent offense is ready to win .. And with a offseason of Oline building and maybe finding a true Game manager QB.. We could Atleast win consistently enough to be in the playoffs hunt all season... And 2 season from getting a QB to put us over the hurdle to being real contenders.. Jmo

Your like the only one that thinks that, but way to keep up the enthusiasm bud!

Just now, BurnNChinn said:

I’m sorry but other than DJ we have no wrs, tes, rbs, lbs, dt or safety’s. This team isn’t ready for anything close to playoffs 

That's your opinion.. Agree to disagree with most of that.. WR corp got 2 thousand yard WR on it and 2 talented rookies.. Rbs would be better with a better oline.. Dt's are very  young and probably play better with better coaching and help from the offense.. Mlb isn't Tahir Whitehead bad could improve but not a detriment.. TE barely get the ball here.. But the TE market in FA is strong.. I'm not as disappointed in the safety play Especially knowing that your best player is only in his 2nd season and 1st playing it full time..

Like I said I think this roster with better coaching better QB decision making and more resources dedicated to Oline is good enough to be way more competitive week after week..

5 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

I’m sorry but other than DJ we have no wrs, tes, rbs, lbs, dt or safety’s. This team isn’t ready for anything close to playoffs 

That's a bit harsh.  I think with better coordinators we could turn things around quickly.   But as the old saying goes,  If your not improving your team you're going backwards.  So those are position that need to be addressed. 

Hubbard did well considering our weak ass o-line,  Smith and Marshall will be better with a real OC.  Tremble is good too.

Our top priority should be building a top 10 offensive line.  Just about every team heading towards the playoffs has good O-lines.  

• Pie 1

A lot of people float the idea of hiring a former Super Bowl winning coach, yet never seem to think about the fact that not a single coach in NFL history has ever won a Super Bowl with two teams.

Why? Well it's not just a coach that wins a Super Bowl. It's an organization and a system. And frankly, also a lot of luck.

Heck, loads of coaches never even win a second Super Bowl with the same team.

It's a really really difficult feat to accomplish.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

A lot of people float the idea of hiring a former Super Bowl winning coach, yet never seem to think about the fact that not a single coach in NFL history has ever won a Super Bowl with two teams.

Why? Well it's not just a coach that wins a Super Bowl. It's an organization and a system. And frankly, also a lot of luck.

Heck, loads of coaches never even win a second Super Bowl with the same team.

It's a really really difficult feat to accomplish.

Well maybe you hire the Superbowl coach to get things going or Atleast supplants a Culture of consistent winning .. Then maybe you go with 1 of his coordinators that He groomed for a few years and he is the guy that takes it over the top.. Right now we need a Culture starter and a guy with a proven record in the pros that produce ATeast back to back winning seasons and a actual plan and scheme to build to...

Jmo I would like to hire a older coach with a winning pedigree for a young team... The coach comes with coaching connections so he comes in with a rolodex of staff member he knows and trust....A scheme they can teach and have taught time after time and a set philosophy that has been proven over and over again..

For a young team having a staff that teaches and develop is more important then a inexperienced coordinator trying to figure it out as he goes..

Edited by WOW!!