• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2010 vs 2021 Season

CanadianCat

This season is gross. But I mean so was 2010. 

Im trying to figure out which season was worse - without recency bias and honestly I think its this one.

At least during the season we knew we were bad and could at least cheer for losses because we knew it was a strong draft class. Then at the conclusion of 2010 that was Fox's last year and we went into the new year with a new coach and the #1 overall pick. The new era of Rivera and Newton began.

In 2021, it feels like we are still trying to 'build' something that is falling apart around us. To make things worse, we are in a bad draft position and very little to look forward to for next year. Feels like we are going into 2022 with a coach that is on the hot seat and hoping that he doesn't mortgage the future to save his job. 

34 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

2010 was worse in season imo, but we all knew the pain was temporary. If you think 2021 is bad wait until Rhule 2022... It can always get worse...

Im glad for some perspective. yeah I remember 2010 being bad but I think the 'suck for Luck' made the season exciting to the finish. 

28 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Im glad for some perspective. yeah I remember 2010 being bad but I think the 'suck for Luck' made the season exciting to the finish. 

Plus the promise of a new coach... There was a lot to hope for in a new Panthers chapter.

2010 was also the year a bunch of us got personal calls from Richardson for writing angry emails about the team, too. It was a different time.

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, davos said:

I won't forget the small Giddy for Gabbert coalition.  

Giddy for Gabbert wasn't until after Luck pulled out, tho... Rumors luck wouldn't come out started late in the college season... Before Cams meteoric rise it was Gabbert vs Dareus.  What a mistake either would have been!

Glad I was wrong about Cam hahaa. 

• Pie 1