• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Tepper Facts

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Ellis with some related discussion...

This is why I've been saying that not only should Rhule be fired, but Fitterer should go with him. Go hire a real GM, not just some guy you brought on to be a yes man and paper pusher for a college coach. And no, I don't think a legit GM candidate who thought he might have potential other options would've ever agreed to come on in such a role.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is why I've been saying that not only should Rhule be fired, but Fitterer should go with him. Go hire a real GM, not just some guy you brought on to be a yes man and paper pusher for a college coach. And no, I don't think a legit GM candidate who thought he might have potential other options would've ever agreed to come on in such a role.

Have said before that I'm pretty sure that's why Ed Dodds pulled out of the interview process. He saw the writing on the wall.

(and kudos to him for doing so; he looks pretty smart now)

That said, I still want to see what Fitterer and Morgan can do without Rhule around to screw everything up.

Edited by Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Ellis with some related discussion...

dead horse anyone?

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

and RR didn't have a say when Hurney came back?  People need to wake up, its a HC driven league.  Owners are fighting over HCs, not GMs, the concessions are going to the HCs.  Look at Lynch and Shannahan.  Alot more HCs have final say than what fans realize.

Was Tepper's selection of Rhule the best choice, doesn't look like it right now.   With Rhules limited NFL experience was it risky? of course, but the concept of this type of structure isn't as crazy as people think.

Lets say Tepper decides to get rid of Rhule and Hackett is the hottest prospect on the market.  Would you let him have final say over personnel to get him to come here?

Do you want a GM driven organization?  Thats fine, and there are organizations like that, but when it comes to finding a new coach you might limit your choices.

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Have said before that I'm pretty sure that's why Ed Dodds pulled out of the interview process. He saw the writing on the wall.

(and kudos to him for doing so; he looks pretty smart now)

That said, I still want to see what Fitterer and Morgan can do without Rhule around to screw everything up.

Questions about Fitt, all the terrible FA decisions, do you feel they all fall on Rhule?  Or is it possible that Fitt was behind some of them.  Rhule might have had final say but it would be naive to think Fitt didn't actually come up with at least some of the ideas, wouldn't it?

Part of me agrees with you, maybe Fitt and Morgan can be a good team but I keep going to back to what I said above.

4 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Questions about Fitt, all the terrible FA decisions, do you feel they all fall on Rhule?  Or is it possible that Fitt was behind some of them.  Rhule might have had final say but it would be naive to think Fitt didn't actually come up with at least some of the ideas, wouldn't it?

Part of me agrees with you, maybe Fitt and Morgan can be a good team but I keep going to back to what I said above.

Regardless of structure, the dynamic between coach and GM is pretty much the same everywhere.

The coach sets the system and determines what kind of players he needs to run that system. The GM tries to go out and find players that best fit that profile.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Regardless of structure, the dynamic between coach and GM is pretty much the same everywhere.

The coach sets the system and determines what kind of players he needs to run that system. The GM tries to go out and find players that best fit that profile.

lol

like usual you deflect

so you feel like Fitt had no influence on some of these terrible free agency decisions?

So Rhule did all the work coming up with Sam, Erving, Elflein all by himself?

Edited by AU-panther
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

lol

like usually you deflect

so you feel like Fitt had no influence on some of these terrible free agency decisions?

So Rhule did all the work coming up with Sam, Erving, Elflein all by himself?

No, I answered the question.

As the saying goes, I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

No, I answered the question.

As the saying goes, I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

No you didn't, but whatever

So Rhule told Fitt to find a LT, but the fact the LT is bad that is on Rhule and Fitt has no responsibility in it at all.

• Flames 1