• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenny Pickett at 5/6

davos

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Yes we need Oline....end.. 

We need a actual good QB not one in a bad QB draft picked by this coaching staff..... end..

Not just Darnold.. Cam and Teddy the RBs the WR and coaching also suffered due to this bad Oline.. end.  ..

I don't want Rhule trying to develop a young QB.  It won't work.  fug, I don't know if he can develop a young OL either. But I think a bad coaching year is less likely to ruin a stud OL than a reach QB...

Rhule shouldn't be back, but if he is, I hope his hands are tied on future asset trades.

• Pie 2

30 minutes ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

Just as a counter argument, this pretty much applies to Joe Burrow as well

Just a counter we could draft a QB in the 6th round and hope he is Brady..  Just saying if we're using abnormal situation as draft strategy...

• Pie 1

Burrows played against such better opponents it's also hard to compare. OFC he had much better teammates as well, so...

We will see how things develop, Pickett may turn out to be a great pro, but I think we will have other players of greater value available.

Watch us take a fuging LB or something lol

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

I don't want Rhule trying to develop a young QB.  It won't work.  fug, I don't know if he can develop a young OL either. But I think a bad coaching year is less likely to ruin a stud OL than a reach QB...

Rhule shouldn't be back, but if he is, I hope his hands are tied on future asset trades.

And my strongest point is a new coach and staff is more willing to deal with the Pervious coaching staff Oline picks then they are QB'S..

• Pie 1

Just now, WOW!! said:

And my strongest point is a new coach and staff is more willing to deal with the Pervious coaching staff Oline picks then they are QB'S..

That's true, although it also depends ... A lot of top selection QBs have the chance to show something if they had decent-to-not-abysmal rookie campaigns.  Jones, Darnold, Mayfield, Tannehill all survived a coach transition.  Rosen did not but that was a unique situation.  But it does seem the best strategy is for a HC to pick his QB. Also means no excuses.

My concern is more for the player's development myself but I do see that angle.

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

None of us can know this. If you can see into the future let's all go hit the lotto forget the Panthers.

Some of us do... Scouts and analyst have been saying this same thing for a year.. Last year was the QB draft.. This year is the residue left after the best QB came out last year and the next crop isn't eligible.. This happens.. 

Read between the lines..

Teams might not want to trade up because no Good QB..

No QB really projected in the top 10..

Having to wait to the senior bowl for the QB positioning comes to light..

This is a Gabbert, Ponder, And Locker type draft.. 

If we draft one this year we will just be drafting a better one next year..

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

It’s pretty universally acknowledged that this class is extremely weak and flawed 

It happens every year bro.. We can spend all season talking how we hate the Oline.. Some of us don't care to pay attention to college or draft until the offseason.. Then fall in love with getting the new shine object.. Instead of the unsexy thing we complained about all season.. lmao

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Some of us do... Scouts and analyst have been saying this same thing for a year.. Last year was the QB draft.. This year is the residue left after the best QB came out last year and the next crop isn't eligible.. This happens.. 

Read between the lines..

Teams might not want to trade up because no Good QB..

No QB really projected in the top 10..

Having to wait to the senior bowl for the QB positioning comes to light..

This is a Gabbert, Ponder, And Locker type draft.. 

If we draft one this year we will just be drafting a better one next year..

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

It’s pretty universally acknowledged that this class is extremely weak and flawed 

Scouts and analysts are proven wrong one way or another every single year without fail. The rub for us is very simple. No team is going to release or trade a quarterback that can help this franchise get back to relevancy and playoff contention. We are going to at minimum end up throwing one or two darts at the board for quarterback within the next few years. We sealed our fate with the Teddy and Sam attempts. It doesn't matter if we don't like or agree with it. It's happening.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Scouts and analysts are proven wrong one way or another every single year without fail. The rub for us is very simple. No team is going to release or trade a quarterback that can help this franchise get back to relevancy and playoff contention. We are going to at minimum end up throwing one or two darts at the board for quarterback within the next few years. We sealed our fate with the Teddy and Sam attempts. It doesn't matter if we don't like or agree with it. It's happening.

Take the fuging hit.. Dammmm 

Wait a fuging year and actually be in position with (more assets, more money and Hopefully better coaching) to take advantage of a better QB class.. 

That's ppl fuging problem.. Patience!! 

Thats how we got dam Darnold.. 

The fear in being bad for 1 or 2 years is costing us more years of being bad.. We're not climbing out this whole magically..

Also the dumbass statement about professional being wrong some times is stupid.. Then go fix your own car because Mechanic aren't right all the time.. Go do your own Taxes because accountants aren't right all the time..lol

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

Exactly so why not throw darts at a bigger board next year?  As it stands today it’s looking like a great class.    It is however a great line class this year. Why go against the grain when you don’t have to?   I don’t want this front office to try and get cute and try and outsmart professional scouts and analysts.    You are right there probably will be one maybe 2 starters from this crop but what realistically is their ceiling.    There are no high graded qbs so in theory we will be aggressively reaching.    

8 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Take the fuging hit.. Dammmm 

Wait a fuging year and actually be in position with (more assets, more money and Hopefully better coaching) to take advantage of a better QB class.. 

That's ppl fuging problem.. Patience!! 

Thats how we got dam Darnold.. 

The fear in being bad for 1 or 2 years is costing us more years of being bad.. We're not climbing out this whole magically..

Also the dumbass statement about professional being wrong some times is stupid.. Then go fix your own car because Mechanic aren't right all the time.. Go do your own Taxes because accountants aren't right all the time..lol

Hey now. We got Darnold bc our mgmt bid against themselves for a QB no one else wanted and virtually every fan saw as a disaster from a mile away. You won't allow your own ego to discuss this rationally. That's your problem bub.

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Exactly so why not throw darts at a bigger board next year?  As it stands today it’s looking like a great class.    It is however a great line class this year. Why go against the grain when you don’t have to?   I don’t want this front office to try and get cute and try and outsmart professional scouts and analysts.    You are right there probably will be one maybe 2 starters from this crop but what realistically is their ceiling.    There are no high graded qbs so in theory we will be aggressively reaching.    

I would accept oline this year as I said previously but I doubt we are going to wait on the QB after the mess we have made the last two seasons. I mean imagine trying to sell another year of Sam Darnold and the hope of (maybe) getting a quarterback next year to this fanbase. We can make that sound not as bad in January but it's going to be a ghost town in September.