• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DAVID TEPPER: WHY WILL NEXT YEAR BE DIFFERENT IF YOU KEEP MATT RHULE???

hepcat

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Well, maybe he's seeing that he was the dumbass in that scenario. It happens. We're all dumbasses occasionally. What separates the dyed in the wool dumbasses from the occasional dumbasses is largely the ability to recognize when you were being a dumbass.

Which is why holding onto Rhule regardless of whatever else takes place this offseason is discouraging...  starting to feel like he's one of those dyed in the wool dumbasses.

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I'd be interested to know the dynamics there, for sure.  Because Tomlin has remained while continuing to win, and they consistently excel on roster building and talent acquisition and development. 

It's been cited as a reason why he's only signed one year extensions over the last few years.

5 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Which is why holding onto Rhule regardless of whatever else takes place this offseason is discouraging...  starting to feel like he's one of those dyed in the wool dumbasses.

Yep. Look, we're all ignorant when it comes to the entirety of human knowledge. We live in a very specialized society. Your scope of knowledge of everything is going to be pretty narrow. There's no shame in not having the knowledge to build a good NFL football organization. I almost certainly couldn't either. The smart folks are willing to admit what they don't know and seek out the folks who can help them out there. I can do a lot around the house, but if we're fuging around with an electrical issue involving busting into the main panel, trust and believe I'm breaking down and calling a licensed electrician for that one.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. Look, we're all ignorant when it comes to the entirety of human knowledge. We live in a very specialized society. Your scope of knowledge of everything is going to be pretty narrow. There's no shame in not having the knowledge to build a good NFL football organization. I almost certainly couldn't either. The smart folks are willing to admit what they don't know and seek out the folks who can help them out there. I can do a lot around the house, but if we fuging around with an electrical issue involving busing into the main panel, trust and believe I'm breaking down and calling a licensed electrician for that one.

Perfectly stated.