• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Monday Night Playoffs

Catsfan69

8 hours ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

When Murray plays at an MVP level the Cardinals are good, however this is a perfect example of over reliance on one player. Cardinals are nothing without Murray, they expect him to create magic every time. 

That certainly sounds familiar to Panthers fans.

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Fwiw, it sounds like most teams in the NFL.  If Aaron R, Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, etc... went down, their teams would struggle.  Teams that are not heavily dependent on the starting qb are exceedingly rare.  

I think you misunderstood the original.

Starting QB's going down obviously deep six any team, especially those with high quality QB's.  The point I was addressing it that Murray needed to play at an astronomically high level to give his team a chance.  Not just be healthy, but play so far out of his mind that it becomes comical.  Where the coaching hardly matters.

You know, like 2015.

21 minutes ago, BrianS said:

I think you misunderstood the original.

Starting QB's going down obviously deep six any team, especially those with high quality QB's.  The point I was addressing it that Murray needed to play at an astronomically high level to give his team a chance.  Not just be healthy, but play so far out of his mind that it becomes comical.  Where the coaching hardly matters.

You know, like 2015.

I don't think Murray has to play out of this world for the Cardinals to have a shot at winning most games.  Just like any QB in the NFL, if he completes passes and doesn't turn the ball over, the Cardinals have a shot to win.  But when he plays horribly like he did last night, they have no shot and I think that is true for most teams/qbs in the NFL. 

I have to admit though I am not enamored of Murray.  I think he can look exceptional, and he might get better, but he seems very inconsistent.   The Cardinals do need a better running game though to help him out.  

I also think the narrative that Cam carried us in 2015 is not exactly accurate.  He was great of course, and deserved the MVP. But our defense carried us for the first few games.  Josh Norman's interceptions where the reason we won several of the early games.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II

5 hours ago, OriginalPD said:

If Cam played as poorly as Kyler did in that first half…of. With that said, it goes to show that a porous OL will make any QB look bad. Keep that in mind when evaluating the Panthers QB options going forward. 

Conversely, if either Cam or Sam had played for the Rams last night, they would look like world beaters. It has a lot to do with the coach and the oline.