• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alright screw it, take Pickett

RumHam

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Very true, but if one isn't there you believe can get the job done, do you still take one and cross your fingers?  Let's see in your example..one was a National Champion, the other was a Heisman Trophy winner and Allen had all the traits you wanted in a NFL QB but needed to improve accuracy. 

No Natty QBs in this draft, no Heisman trophy winners and none that are considered worthy of the #1 overall pick.  Heck, I don't even see a Josh Allen in this draft.  He'd be QB1 in this class.

Burrow will be the first NCAA Championship winner to win the Super Bowl in a long time. I mean with that logic should we target UGA’s QB? (No thanks) Allen was incredibly raw and people are saying the same thing about Willis, but Herbert is turning around LAC pretty quickly. He came into a OL as bad as ours. They drafted Slater AFTER they already had their QB. Herbert wasn’t a champ (which doesn’t seem to have any correlation) or a Heisman winner. LAC is in a prime position to make a playoff run, hell they almost made it this year. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Burrow will be the first NCAA Championship winner to win the Super Bowl in a long time. I mean with that logic should we target UGA’s QB? (No thanks) Allen was incredibly raw and people are saying the same thing about Willis, but Herbert is turning around LAC pretty quickly. He came into a OL as bad as ours. They drafted Slater AFTER they already had their QB. Herbert wasn’t a champ (which doesn’t seem to have any correlation) or a Heisman winner. LAC is in a prime position to make a playoff run, hell they almost made it this year. 

Again, do you even see a Hebert in this draft?  I don't.  It was a coin flip if the Dolphins were going to take Tua or Herbert.  Herbert could have easily been QB2 behind Burrow.  If picks 2-4 needed a QB, he could have went higher.  Point being, this class is not great and blindly throwing darts at the board hoping you hit a bulls eye is not a strategy...it's desperation.

Edited by 45catfan

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Lol there's no Herbert in this draft. No Allen either. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Again, do you even see a Hebert in this draft?  I don't.  It was a coin flip if the Dolphins were going to take Tua or Herbert.  Herbert could have easily been QB2 behind Burrow.  If picks 2-4 needed a QB, he could have went higher.  Point being, this class is not great and blindly throwing darts at board hoping you hit the bulls eye is not a strategy...it's desperation.

Blindly throwing darts? You analyze each prospect and see if one fits what we are looking for. Herbert was a bit of a question mark as he underperformed in Oregon’s system. Allen was a surprise as well, but they found one they liked and went ahead and drafted him.

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Blindly throwing darts? You analyze each prospect and see if one fits what we are looking for. Herbert was a bit of a question mark as he underperformed in Oregon’s system. Allen was a surprise as well, but they found one they liked and went ahead and drafted him.

Yeah, you do your research and don't exactly like what you see and yet you still draft a guy out of desperation hoping this unpolished rock is actually a gem...despite all the research done showing otherwise.

1 minute ago, Catsfan69 said:

Lol there's no Herbert in this draft. No Allen either. 

Just giving examples of teams that got their QBs and built around them. Of course there aren’t identical prospects as before. My point is if there is one we are high on we should just draft him. 

1 hour ago, CPantherKing said:

No to Pickett. Looks like he may be falling out of the 1st round. Here are the QBs ranked by the interest coming out of Charlotte.

1. Malik Willis

2. Sam Howell

3. Desmond Ridder

4. Aqeel Glass

5. Kenny Pickett

6. Chase Garbers

7. Carson Strong

8. Bailey Zappe

9. Matt Corral

10. Cole Kelley

One of these QBs is catching fire among front offices. In the past 3 months, he went from undrafted, to a 6-7 round pick, to a 3-5 round pick, and now there may be a few teams willing to take him late in the second round.

First round hype for QBs in 2022 is stale. I am excited to see how this large pack of QBs will fair from the 2nd to 6th round. None of these QBs are worth a top 15 pick.

Chase Garbers is fuging awful. How in the Hell do you have him as your #6?

100% agree with the last paragraph tho.

Edited by Icege

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Just giving examples of teams that got their QBs and built around them. Of course there aren’t identical prospects as before. My point is if there is one we are high on we should just draft him

And if not, are you going to be livid we passed on a crop of QBs we deemed unworthy to draft? 

16 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

To think... we were one selection away two years in a row from having Herbert/Sewell 😮

Just now, 45catfan said:

Yeah, you do your research and don't exactly like what you see and yet you still draft a guy out of desperation hoping this unpolished rock is actually a gem...despite all the research done showing otherwise.

If you don’t like what you see you don’t draft one. I just said there is one they are high on, they should just draft him. 

• Pie 1