• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marvin Lewis reveals that he interviewed with the Panthers in 2002 despie already telling John Fox he got the job

ENCPantherfan2

40 minutes ago, jbland said:

Experience. 

I have taken job interviews that 

1. I knew I was a long shot to land

2. I didn’t want the job to begin with 

experience in job interviews is important and it is very wise of you to say this because the interview experience in itself is very valuable

Edited by 4Corners
  • Beer 1

29 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

NDAs need to be illegal. I can think of very few instances in which one would need to be signed. 

Just a way to legally hide problems by paying them off and making it stay in the closet with the rest of the skeletons.

It makes sense professionally at times but the personal BS is just legal blackmail as I see it.

While I completely understand the Rooney Rule and it’s purpose, the NFLs implementation and use of it is a joke. It’s nothing more than some PR fluff and like others have stated, just another box to be checked by the owners before they hire who ever the hell they want. It honestly probably causes more harm than good for reasons like this.

Unfortunately, the majority of owners are are bunch of 50+ year old white billionaires who grew up in a time when racism ran rampant throughout this country. I’m sure these owners just like any other major business owner will say no one is going to tell them how to run their business. That’s capitalism and money = power.