• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Moore - what’s a good contract?

ECHornet

11 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

24 years old w bad QB, elite traits, 3 1000 yard seasons. That's exactly the type of player you invest in, especially if you plan on acquiring a better QB in the future. Can't help but shake my head at some of these hot takes. Also, it ain't your money so stop being stingy, Tepper is rich af

Yeah, some of the takes in here are ass.  DJ consistently produces with shitty QB play.  Could his touchdown count be higher?  Sure.  But he’s a playmaker and I’d love to retain him.  Reminds me of Brandin Cooks in that he always puts up numbers but is always overlooked 

• Pie 1

Just now, ImaginaryKev said:

No one was arging he was Steve Smith. have a good night bc you are very, very unserious

Im not unserious, but I dont see how paying a guy 21 mil per season is going to help us when it hasnt helped us with him playing on a rookie contract.

If we overpaid CMC, that is a crazy overpay for Moore. 

Just now, PandaMan said:

Yeah, some of the takes in here are ass.  DJ consistently produces with shitty QB play.  Could his touchdown count be higher?  Sure.  But he’s a playmaker and I’d love to retain him.  Reminds me of Brandin Cooks in that he always puts up numbers but is always overlooked 

I mean he's basically exactly what you want with the 25th pick of the draft. He's exceeded expectations and when the QB play was even mediocre this year he was eating and beating goof corners. Yes, he's not perfect. Drops happen but are also flukes, Chris Godwin went on a weird streak if dropping everything in sight last season and they Bucs still won the chip and he's STILL elite. This board is weird when it comes to contract. No use being cheap with good players, unless you wanna see DJ leave us for New England or Los Angeles Chargers and become a "true number one" elsewhere. (Even though he's a true number one here already.)

I think 19 mil is a good bet. If he wasn’t still so young and let’s say a 26-28 yo getting a second contract, then I’d have more pause. 

Thing is, he may have leverage, could easily decline whatever we throw at him and make great money in a better situation. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

Ppl on this board think that undervalueing great talent is a personality, it's annoying

Just now, PootieNunu said:

Moore belong somewhere in that 13-15m range. Robby has no business being that high, he only makes that much because of Rhule.

That’s probably an accurate value for his production, but no way he’ll go for that cheap after Anderson’s deal. 

6 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

I mean he's basically exactly what you want with the 25th pick of the draft. He's exceeded expectations and when the QB play was even mediocre this year he was eating and beating goof corners. Yes, he's not perfect. Drops happen but are also flukes, Chris Godwin went on a weird streak if dropping everything in sight last season and they Bucs still won the chip and he's STILL elite. This board is weird when it comes to contract. No use being cheap with good players, unless you wanna see DJ leave us for New England or Los Angeles Chargers and become a "true number one" elsewhere. (Even though he's a true number one here already.)

Which of the WRs on that list making 17m or more a year is DJ better than?

IF we pay more than 18 a year it is an overpay. And that is with hopes he will get a little better. 

If any team pays him more than that it is going to be a dumpster fire team so good luck to him. No top team is paying him that much.

Edited by PootieNunu