• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Crush: Boye Mafe

shaq

This is my favorite sleeper/favorite player this draft cycle. Boye Mafe is an amazing EDGE prospect rising up boards. High character and freak athlete. He steadily improved throughout his time at Minnesota. If we lose Hassan this off-season, this would be an ideal replacement. He is a bigger EDGE around 270 and still is gifted with the speed our defense is built on. If Phil Snow wants to get bigger at the D-line he should be pounding the table for Mafe. All measurements were from prior to the start of the college season. His numbers could improve even greater then these already freakish numbers. Most people have him around the early 3rd round range but in my eyes he is a first round talent. But with Edge being a positional strength this year he could fall steeply.  Please check him out great kid, team player, and oh boy he’s fun to watch such an explosive player.

Height- 6’4

Weight-265

40 time- 5.57

Vertical Jump- 40 Inches

3B986B83-57C0-4199-B639-4BA188199549.jpeg

Edited by shaq
  • Pie 1

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Interesting.

Here's one thing for sure... Senior Bowl OL as a whole were highly disappointing.

Agreed, I partially think it has to do with how strong of a d-line group they were facing. Jermaine Johnson, Boye Mafe, Kingsley Enagbare to name a few.

On 2/7/2022 at 1:26 AM, shaq said:

This is my favorite sleeper/favorite player this draft cycle. Boye Mafe is an amazing EDGE prospect rising up boards. High character and freak athlete. He steadily improved throughout his time at Minnesota. If we lose Hassan this off-season, this would be an ideal replacement. He is a bigger EDGE around 270 and still is gifted with the speed our defense is built on. If Phil Snow wants to get bigger at the D-line he should be pounding the table for Mafe. All measurements were from prior to the start of the college season. His numbers could improve even greater then these already freakish numbers. Most people have him around the early 3rd round range but in my eyes he is a first round talent. But with Edge being a positional strength this year he could fall steeply.  Please check him out great kid, team player, and oh boy he’s fun to watch such an explosive player.

Height- 6’4

Weight-265

40 time- 5.57

Vertical Jump- 40 Inches

3B986B83-57C0-4199-B639-4BA188199549.jpeg

Sorry typo meant 4.57