• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we draft a QB, I want Carson Strong

Ricky Spanish

It's not rocket science. A lot of people hate on Frank Garcia but something he always said is a lot of what my analysis comes down to, "bigger, stronger, faster" that's the difference between the NFL and college and that slim margin needed to succeed in that environment.

A guy that had just come out of the NFL came over the house. Massive dude. We asked him why he left. He shook his head and said "All those guys are extraordinarily tough".

Edited by rippadonn

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

No a poster here on this site posted the link a couple weeks back, I read that and another report that said the same. High second round is a pretty high pick. Somebody was paying attention. I told you he'd be somebody.

Who was high second round? Trask was the last pick of the second round. 

57 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Ok. Second round. Not third. He's an NFL second rounder.

The gotcha game doesn't evade the truth.

You guys are a good laugh. 

Ike Taylor thinks he should be QB2. Look how Ikes eyes light up when he talks about Carson. It's not just me. Ike said Carson Strong isn't just a steal he's a "I told you so".

12yr Steelers veteran Ike Taylor.

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

Everything I've said has a stat or a story to back it up. Insane is lusting after Kenny Pickett or hoping Willis "becomes".

You guys. Lol

I think Willis has a better chance of "becoming" elite than Strong. Your guy is the equivalent of J.J Reddick or Adam Morrison being a factor in the NBA. He simply didn't have any elite traits. There isn't anything he really does better than most players in the league. I admire your outside the box picks but come on bro...

Willis is that freak athlete that has all the parts in the box that need assembly.. your guy is missing parts and doesn't even come with instructions. Day 1 Willis would be a top 4 rushing threat at the position and you can scheme around that. Open throws that wouldn't be there dictate to the defense how to play you. Strong doesn't have that floor. Day 1 Willis has a top 10 arm. He can threaten any part of the field...Strong doesn't have that.

Willis I believe scored the highest wonderlic in this qb class so saying he isn't smart enough or can't process or learn to get better isn't going to hold up here. During the Senior bowl accuracy test Willis hit the mark more times than any of these guys so beting against him based on college offense or coordinators doesn't really hold weight. This is why scouts scout traits instead of going and looking at the box scores and saying hey thus guy completed 70% of his passes he's  the number 1 pick.

1 minute ago, micnificent28 said:

I think Willis has a better chance of "becoming" elite than Strong. Your guy is the equivalent of J.J Reddick or Adam Morrison being a factor in the NBA. He simply didn't have any elite traits. There isn't anything he really does better than most players in the league. I admire your outside the box picks but come on bro...

Willis is that freak athlete that has all the parts in the box that need assembly.. your guy is missing parts and doesn't even come with instructions. Day 1 Willis would be a top 4 rushing threat at the position and you can scheme around that. Open throws that wouldn't be there dictate to the defense how to play you. Strong doesn't have that floor. Day 1 Willis has a top 10 arm. He can threaten any part of the field...Strong doesn't have that.

Willis I believe scored the highest wonderlic in this qb class so saying he isn't smart enough or can't process or learn to get better isn't going to hold up here. During the Senior bowl accuracy test Willis hit the mark more times than any of these guys so beting against him based on college offense or coordinators doesn't really hold weight. This is why scouts scout traits instead of going and looking at the box scores and saying hey thus guy completed 70% of his passes he's  the number 1 pick.

Willis isn't a freak athlete 

36 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Don't want my QB running anymore. Love Cam but he was career 59%. Sometimes putting the cart before the horse as far as letting your highest investment prance around the field while learning how to read NFL defenses and call plays at the LOS can be costly.

Carson had autonomy over the whole system in real time. He's NFL ready in that respect, plug and play. I've seen him change plays at the line into another look and drop a pure dime many times now.

You should believe Ike Taylor like I do. I'll one up him and say he should be QB1 in this draft.

Strong 2022!

Edited by rippadonn