• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2022 PFF free agent list

AU-panther

With the offseason upon us everyone is starting to make their wish list of free agents.  Here is a top 200 list by PFF.  It is in a very long format but they do writeups about each one, everything from scheme fit to injury history.  

They also include a project contract cost, which is interesting, although I'm sure real numbers will vary.

For instance, for our free agents, they have:

Gilmore 2years / $28m

Reddick 3 years/ $35m

Jackson 2 years / $20m

Jackson's numbers seemed lower than I first expected but between his size and some injury's he might not command as much on the open market as he is probably thinking.

As far as free agents to add goes, there are defiantly some LT types at the top of the list.  I'm sure they will be very expensive and very sought after.  If we go LT in the draft a #6 some of the IOL on the list are very tempting, such as Scherff and Tomlinson.  Later on the list there are guys like Williams and Corbett.  If we have a rookie LT it might not be a bad idea to spend some cap on at least one of the guard spots.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I wouldn't pay any of the Panthers' three free agents that much. If I'm paying that much it's going to be for top Oline help.

I agree 100%. Let Horn, Henderson, Bouye, Taylor and maybe a cheap vet hold down the CB spots and Burns/YGM/Fox rotate out for DE. No need to overpay for vets at this stage in our team development. Plus we might get some comps.

Edited by ForJimmy
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 2