• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2022 Charlotte FC Game Thread

MillionDollarCam

Nice to be up 1-0 at half though Seattle has definitely carried the majority of the play.

Bender and Corujo have been great.

We need more from our wingers and outside backs. Shinyashiki and Gaines need to create more chances out wide and Lindsey and Mora have to be more aware of their surroundings, Corujo is cleaning up a lot of their mistakes.

I’d like to see Fuchs come in for Makoun, Afful for Lindsey, Jozwiak for Shinyashiki, and Vargas for Gaines, I also wouldn’t mind Ruiz for Alcivar.

• 2 weeks later...

I have no doubt in my mind Swiderski would have banged in atleast 2 of those shots Rios took.

I really want to see how this team plays on the road if the tension between players and MAR was as bad as Fuchs made it sound.

Proud of the boys though for clearly outplaying a pretty damn good NY team after the last week of bullshit.

Edited by tecc86
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

That was a great win. Fantastic effort and the most physical I have seen them be yet. Our new coach stresses fitness and hard effort over tactical execution. It was on display today. And the fans were awesome as usual. It is great to go to the game and walk out a winner more often than not.

I’m not sure if that was our best performance because the finishing was lacking at times but it was definitely up there and it was one of our more exciting performances.

Once thing I like about Lattanzio’s formation is that it’s really a 4-1-4-1 with a true CDM (Bronico) and wingers that track back. Both Gaines and Shinyashiki tracked further back defensively then they have all year and when there was a change in position we were able to get both of them out in space and let them use their speed. It was fun to watch.

Walked should get the starts from now on. I thought our attack looked more consistently threatening than it has and the defense looked a little more solid and less prone to gaffs or being out of position. Whatever Lattanzio had them working on this week seemed to translate well into the game and was something they could confidently play

24 minutes ago, MtnJax said:

Walked should get the starts from now on. I thought our attack looked more consistently threatening than it has and the defense looked a little more solid and less prone to gaffs or being out of position. Whatever Lattanzio had them working on this week seemed to translate well into the game and was something they could confidently play

Walkes was great, not sure why Makoun was playing over him.