• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lovin me some Tar Heels

pinkfloyd

I'd like to add an addendum to the new historical marker outside of Cameron Indoor Stadium.

img_1_1647146347157.thumb.jpg.d6b451ac679fd562309703b6d2c80771.jpg

That addendum being:

"Also noteworthy is that many college basketball fans know this place as 'Hansbrough Indoor Stadium' after 2008 Naismith Player of the Year and 2009 National Champion Tyler Hansbrough went 4-0 here during his legendary college career."

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, toldozer said:

I'm all good. Let's just see how the seeding shakes out. Duke had that last one seed with a win. I don't know who gets it now

Considering Duke and their NBA draft picks got taken to woodshed by Wofford players last night - I don’t think it’s a lock duke would have beaten Carolina again. 

Still, I’ll take the sure thing. Heels turning Mike’s goodbye celebration into a wake two weeks ago is a memory and game that will live forever. 

this has been spectacular to watch the wheels come off for duke - sure they could possibly win a title this year but any team can take Williams out of the game then they are in serious trouble. 

go heels! 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

Considering Duke and their NBA draft picks got taken to woodshed by Wofford players last night - I don’t think it’s a lock duke would have beaten Carolina again. 

Still, I’ll take the sure thing. Heels turning Mike’s goodbye celebration into a wake two weeks ago is a memory and game that will live forever. 

this has been spectacular to watch the wheels come off for duke - sure they could possibly win a title this year but any team can take Williams out of the game then they are in serious trouble. 

go heels! 

Great point IMO on Mark Williams.  Griffin and Banchero are good but Williams the key to Duke.  Dude is legit

On 3/13/2022 at 12:37 PM, Shocker said:

Great point IMO on Mark Williams.  Griffin and Banchero are good but Williams the key to Duke.  Dude is legit

Williams is the duke team. He is a really solid player. Good energy and a force inside. If you can neutralize him with fouls or a player they turn into hero ball with Banchero and Griffin chucking threes. 

18 minutes ago, fitty76 said:

college basketball isn't what it used to be.  I haven't filled out a bracket in years.  

It really isn't. Growing up in NC, college basketball was EVERYTHING. Duke/Carolina might has well have been considered a national holiday. The sport overall has definitely fallen considerably in overall popularity. I thought it may have just been Colorado since everyone is transplants and the local college sports scene pretty much sucks, but then I move back here and see that it's a shadow of what it used to be back here in the hotbed too.

20 minutes ago, toldozer said:

It's embarrassing when fans of a nationally relevant team complains about refs. You'll never hear me as a Duke fan complain about officiating.  Yall won the game and still want to whine

You know what's embarrassing? Continually trolling a thread about a team you don't follow. You'll never see me posting in a duke thread because fug duke.

1 hour ago, toldozer said:

It's embarrassing when fans of a nationally relevant team complains about refs. You'll never hear me as a Duke fan complain about officiating.  Yall won the game and still want to whine

LOL, Coach K whining about no fans, a wet floor and anything else that didn’t go to his script.