• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB situation getting worse for the Panthers.

Zod

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I hate to go back to 5th grade math here, but 100% "sucking ass" is worse than 70%.

Rhules only had two years. Ron has had 10. I hate to do the math here, but having 10 seasons is *checks notes* 8 more seasons than Rhule will have. Saying Rhule is worse than a guy that's been bad for longer than 5 years is saying a lot. 

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

5 postseason appearances.  

and Ron Rivera has never won 5 or fewer games in a full season as HC.  Matt Rhule has never won more than 5.

Ron > Rhule.  That's not a pro Ron statement.  It's just that Matt Rhule is garbage.  If and if you doubt that, just go listen to Rhule. 

Ron is a decent NFL HC.  Matt Rhule is a bad one.  The goal is to land a good HC. 

Ron is a decent NFL coach? If having 7 losing seasons out of 10 is decent. What's mediocre? Or trash? Because 7 losing seasons out of 10 is pretty freaking deplorable. I think both are pretty garbage. But saying Ron is better than Rhule? Yeah.........because he made the Playoffs twice with losing records. Yeah................

1 minute ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Rhules only had two years. Ron has had 10. I hate to do the math here, but having 10 seasons is *checks notes* 8 more seasons than Rhule will have. Saying Rhule is worse than a guy that's been bad for longer than 5 years is saying a lot. 

Check the math again and you'll find that three successful years are more than zero.

Rivera earned his additional years by improving. Rhule hasn't done that yet. Heck, there's an argument to be made that he got worse.

Rhule has basically one more year to try and show that he can do something in the NFL.

I wouldn't bet on him getting there 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Check the math again and you'll find that three successful years are more than zero.

Rivera earned his additional years by improving. Rhule hasn't done that yet. Heck, there's an argument to be made that he got worse.

Rhule has basically one more year to try and show that he can do something in the NFL.

I wouldn't bet on him getting there 

Check the math again, and I bet you Rhule can suck 7 years out of 10 just as good as Rivera. But he won't get to that point. So it doesn't really matter. But thinking Rivera is so much better than Rhule when Rivera's been hot garbage longer than Rhule has is a bit hilarious to me. I know you're old and you got better things to do. So take care. 

Edited by NCTHFL0567

18 hours ago, AU-panther said:

Ron also had prime Cam Newton for most of that time, and never had back to back winning seasons.  That might actually be more impressive (in a bad way) than Rhule starting out with 2 losing seasons.

And you're wanting to repeat that experiment by trading the farm for Watson. The Broncos set a high market for QBs with the Wilson trade. The Texans will demand more for Watson, if he's eligible to play, since he's in his prime and several years younger than Wilson.

Ron is a decent NFL coach? If having 7 losing seasons out of 10 is decent. What's mediocre? Or trash? Because 7 losing seasons out of 10 is pretty freaking deplorable. I think both are pretty garbage. But saying Ron is better than Rhule? Yeah.........because he made the Playoffs twice with losing records. Yeah................

yes, Ron is decent.  Because you have to compare Ron to his peers to find out what a good, bad, decent HC looks like. 

He has 5 playoff seasons and the only time he won only 5 games took firing him in season.   Ron > Rhule.  

Rhule gets discussed with a tier of HCs lower than Ron Rivera.   

Just now, CRA said:

yes, Ron is decent.  Because you have to compare Ron to his peers to find out what a good, bad, decent HC looks like. 

He has 5 playoff seasons and the only time he won only 5 games took firing him in season.   Ron > Rhule.  

Rhule gets discussed with a tier of HCs lower than Ron Rivera.   

Rivera should get discussed with Rhule. Sorry man. He's just as bad. Period. Hiring Mike Shula FFS? At least Rhule tried to hire Joe Brady. Rivera literally hired Mike Shula and made a Corvette into a Honda Civic with Cam Newton. 

4 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

You could call Rivera a decent NFL coach. You could even call him a bad NFL coach. Either way he's still an NFL coach.

Matt Rhule is a college coach who's employed in the NFL...temporarily.

Check the math again, and I bet you Rhule can suck 7 years out of 10 just as good as Rivera. But he won't get to that point. 

If he doesn't get to that point, then your argument is lost.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Rivera should get discussed with Rhule. Sorry man. He's just as bad. Period. Hiring Mike Shula FFS? At least Rhule tried to hire Joe Brady. Rivera literally hired Mike Shula and made a Corvette into a Honda Civic with Cam Newton. 

Rhule is in the conversation with some worst college experiments in NFL history right now.   Complete and epic failures.   

Rivera is a middle of the road NFL HC.  Clear cut strengths and weaknesses. 

Again, you have to stack them up vs their peers.  That determines good, bad, decent, horrible.  Ron and Rhule aren't in the same tier. 

2 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Check the math again, and I bet you Rhule can suck 7 years out of 10 just as good as Rivera. But he won't get to that point. So it doesn't really matter. But thinking Rivera is so much better than Rhule when Rivera's been hot garbage longer than Rhule has is a bit hilarious to me. 

Yeah, they both suck. But even just comparing their first two years, Ron has been the better coach. He actually won another game his sophomore year while Rhule got worse and lost an extra game.

20 minutes ago, CRA said:

Rhule is in the conversation with some worst college experiments in NFL history right now.   Complete and epic failures.   

Rivera is a middle of the road NFL HC.  Clear cut strengths and weaknesses. 

Again, you have to stack them up vs their peers.  That determines good, bad, decent, horrible.  Ron and Rhule aren't in the same tier. 

Ron got better with Gettleman. He was worse with Hurney. I consider Ron a mediocre HC, but still leaps and bounds better than Kelly, Meyer, and other college coaches, including Rhule, that failed spectacularly at the NFL level. Matt Rhule is heading towards Bill O'Brian level as HC/GM in a hurry. Boneheaded trades, terrible contracts to JAGs and one hit wonders, putting players out of position, and a system that works 1000% that results in losing. Right now, Ron is the better coach. But I still don't want either want of them as HC of the Panthers. 

Edited by SmokinwithWilly
  • Pie 1

25 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Ron got better with Gettleman. He was worse with Hurney. I consider Ron a mediocre HC, but still leaps and bounds better than Kelly, Meyer, and other college coaches, including Rhule, that failed spectacularly at the NFL level. Matt Rhule is heading towards Bill O'Brian level as HC/GM in a hurry. Boneheaded trades, terrible contracts to JAGs and one hit wonders, putting players out of position, and a system that works 1000% that results in losing. Right now, Ron is the better coach. But I still don't want either want of them as HC of the Panthers. 

I don't put Chip Kelly in the same tier of as Rhule, Schiano, Spurrier, Meyer, Petrino, etc. 

Kelly was a failed experiement overall.  But Chip Kelly still was able to come into the league and not be a total flop.  Opened up with two back to back 10 win seasons.  Kelly is a college coach. 

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

Kelly was a failed experiement overall.  But Chip Kelly still was able to come into the league and not be a total flop.  Opened up with two back to back 10 win seasons.  Kelly is a college coach. 

Kelly started going downhill when he got roster control.

Rhule had that from day one.

Maybe that makes us ahead of the curve 😕